Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitten found-----What to do now?

• 13-08-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, my wife came home from a walk earlier today and there was a tiny kitten curled up on our doorstep.
    It's still there now and is tucked into the corner of the wall. It looks terrified and may be injured as it hasn't moved in hours. I gave it a small saucer of milk but it won't touch it. I can't take it in as I have a dog and a newborn too and I'd be afraid of infection. I tried to ring the DSPCA but the office is closed and it says contact the local garda station. I won't even bother ringing them as it'll be a waste of time. I'm based in the Dublin 15 area and have no idea who to call.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First of all remove the milk and replace with water; cats easily get diarrhea from milk (lactose intolerant). Secondly there is no direct infection you can get from the kitten taking it in; the only very long shot one is if you take the cat poo, put it in your babies mouth and feed it basically so simply ensure good hygiene after touching the kitten and you'll not have a problem there.

Now please do take it in a small card board box with a towel or similar in an empty room with some water and if you can get to any store some soft food (any kitten or cat soft food will do). If there's no suitable store you can get to try with very small pieces of fried chicken, or ham basically. You also want to pick up some cat litter if possible for it to go poo in (once again a small plastic food box will do as a starting point) to place in that card board box and try to keep the room relatively warm. The reason for this is if you leave it out chances are between roaming dogs, cats, foxes, crows, starvation etc. it will be dead soon. Then tomorrow you can bring it to a vet or get a shelter (if lucky) to pick it up; also have a look around because there may be more kittens around that you don't see (as kittens rarely come alone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

Take it to your closest vet ASAP. If you leave too long it will die or be killed I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Try justcats in coolmine 8227270, closing soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

snoman wrote: »
    Take it to your closest vet ASAP. If you leave too long it will die or be killed I'd imagine.

Yeah i'd say that too, or at the least call the local vet, they might ask ye to bring the kitten in and have checked for a chip etc.. but they'll give you the best advice in homing or rehoming the little mite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, my wife came home from a walk earlier today and there was a tiny kitten curled up on our doorstep.
    It's still there now and is tucked into the corner of the wall. It looks terrified and may be injured as it hasn't moved in hours. I gave it a small saucer of milk but it won't touch it. I can't take it in as I have a dog and a newborn too and I'd be afraid of infection. I tried to ring the DSPCA but the office is closed and it says contact the local garda station. I won't even bother ringing them as it'll be a waste of time. I'm based in the Dublin 15 area and have no idea who to call.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Is there an update on this kitten is it safe or did you get it looked after ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement