Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

bazz26 wrote: »
    And 10% off if ordered before 9:00pm tonight.

Will I get a further 15% off with axa policy. Or just the 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

Will I get a further 15% off with axa policy. Or just the 10%

You could be lucky, just please don't email them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If anyone with an axa card is in the tralee area I'd happily see if the discount is available!!
    Offer ends on Monday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That's a grand kit too. For the non obsessive detailer it will have the car looking mint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi can you use your axa card online or do you have to go into store to use it .

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi can you use your axa card online or do you have to go into store to use it .

Thanks

As far as I know in store only, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Satriale wrote: »

Any idea what it actually is?
    I.e. is it a USB/USB 2/USB 3, read-write speeds, is a rebranded PNY- any info at all really.
    Its a good price for a low capacity stick- however, there is a dearth of information on it- pop it into Google- and for the most part all you get are realms of people flogging these on ebay.........

Its worth a punt @ 3 quid each- however, in the absence of information- I'd only get one or two to use as stocking fillers- rather than think I'd use them as a source of refreshing all the thumb drives I've gone through over the last year (you'd be surprised how many.......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I.e. is it a USB/USB 2/USB 3, read-write speeds, is a rebranded PNY- any info at all really.
    Its a good price for a low capacity stick- however, there is a dearth of information on it- pop it into Google- and for the most part all you get are realms of people flogging these on ebay.........

Its worth a punt @ 3 quid each- however, in the absence of information- I'd only get one or two to use as stocking fillers- rather than think I'd use them as a source of refreshing all the thumb drives I've gone through over the last year (you'd be surprised how many.......)

I found this on the PNY website who make them under HP licence

• 8GB = minimum of 4MB/sec write and 14MB/sec read
    • 16GB, 32GB, 64GB = minimum of 8MB/sec write and 18MB/sec read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

https://www.amazon.com/HP-v165w-32GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B0052WT1OC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Good for checking info. Even if they wont ship here its still showing as 20 bucks there versus 3 euro here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

vicwatson wrote: »
    Good for checking info. Even if they wont ship here its still showing as 20 bucks there versus 3 euro here !

Amazon one is 32GB.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 8gb option is 20 on Amazon too
    I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The 8gb option is 20 on Amazon too
    I think.

Curiously- the 64Gb version- is less than the 8Gb version.

Anyhow- we're getting seriously diverted here.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Esel wrote: »
    Amazon one is 32GB.

Yes and showing as 12 dollars but if you click on the 8gb it's actually 20 dollars, ne'er mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reserved 2 either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Just physically checked it there, write speed of around 4.08 mb/s and read speed of 21.45mb/s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

banchang wrote: »
    yeah, and probably ships from your username.

dodzy wrote: »
    yeah, and probably ships from your username.

What's the problem with that ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A quick one. If I got my axa insurance through the AA can I get an axa plus card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

Anyone know if halfords still sell small rolls of 3m reflective tape?
    The one on looking for is about 1cm wide and about 1.5m long and came in single packs of red, white/silver and orange.
    Its not showing on their site but it never did, its a good spin for me to find out if they still sell it or not and their not the best on the phone.
    Thanks,

What's the problem with that ?

Relax, I was merely referring to cheapo unbranded USB sticks (such as your link) of which there are plenty about (from guangdong, bangchang and the likes) . Many of them are pure sh!te, and in many cases fall well short on performance, actual capacity vs advertised and lifespan. Better off sticking with a trusted name for memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

Ordered 3 USB sticks from Drogheda branch. Went in this morning to pay and collect and was told I only ordered 2 sticks. Got phone out and showed order for 3, so girl at till went off to investigate. Came back with who I presume was the manageress. She was aggressive, dismissive and thoroughly ignorant in manner, told me I was lucky to be getting two and went off muttering jesus under her breath. I can accept errors can be made, but not trying to tell me I was wrong and definitely not the manner of the manager. I had intended to buy a car care kit, but needless to say I took my trade elsewhere. Have used the shop on several occasions and always found the staff fine, but not this time and wont be using it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

septicsac wrote: »
    Ordered 3 USB sticks from Drogheda branch. Went in this morning to pay and collect and was told I only ordered 2 sticks. Got phone out and showed order for 3, so girl at till went off to investigate. Came back with who I presume was the manageress. She was aggressive, dismissive and thoroughly ignorant in manner, told me I was lucky to be getting two and went off muttering jesus under her breath. I can accept errors can be made, but not trying to tell me I was wrong and definitely not the manner of the manager. I had intended to buy a car care kit, but needless to say I took my trade elsewhere. Have used the shop on several occasions and always found the staff fine, but not this time and wont be using it again.

I'd shoot them and email, I was told that the area manager once contacted the store manager to inform them over policy's with regards the Axa card and offers. You can use an Axa card to get a % if even on offer.

septicsac wrote: »

Report her. That's the only way service like that will change.

.red. wrote: »
    Anyone know if halfords still sell small rolls of 3m reflective tape?
    The one on looking for is about 1cm wide and about 1.5m long and came in single packs of red, white/silver and orange.
    Its not showing on their site but it never did, its a good spin for me to find out if they still sell it or not and their not the best on the phone.
    Thanks,
    I'll let you know, Heading up now to grab my USB keys (to put in the man drawer with the other USB keys that have never seen the light of day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

Report her. That's the only way service like that will change.

Already done

Advertisement