Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,169 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cocoon wrote: »
    Halfords oil offer is back while stocks last.

Sweet, it's 4 types €15 for 4 litres...

542326?$pm_large$

338720?$pm_large$

338704?$pm_large$

640775?$pm_large$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah balls. Only just bought 8 litres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just ran out of last years supply. Grand job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wonder what brand/spec the oil is underneath the Halfords label ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

liam7831 wrote: »
    Wonder what brand/spec the oil is underneath the Halfords label ?
    Comma, IIRC. VW 507.00 not in the sale :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Anyone know what time of year they do tent sales ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hecman

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time of year they do tent sales ?

Usually the end of Aug. They sell off stock to make room for winter chemicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Sweet, it's 4 types €15 for 4 litres...
    [/URL]
    [/URL]

The vauxhall/opel one is bmw LL01 too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Satriale wrote: »
    The vauxhall/opel one is bmw LL01 too...

Check the bottle though.
    The bmw spec has appeared and disappeared a few times on the vauxhall oil.
    I have drums at home of it that don't mention bmw at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

would the guys at my local Halfords have a look at my parrot handsfree its doesn't work properly

I didnt buy it there it came with the car when I got but I buy lots of stuff off them
    don't know where else to try cos I don't have the manual ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is it paired with your phone . You should be able to find the user manual online

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

The Muppet wrote: »
    Is it paired with your phone . You should be able to find the user manual online

yes it is pair with my phone I can receive calls but cant make calls and it turns on and off the radio I had a look at the manual online but it wasn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Apologies if this is a stupid question but will Halfords be having a sale shortly, I want to purchase roof bars but I'm hoping to get them on a sale.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

They're having a sale now; have a look on Halford.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Mycroft H wrote: »
    They're having a sale now; have a look on Halford.ie
    Thanks for that, nothing off on roof bars so. I was hoping for 5 or 10 % off across the shop.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Thanks for that, nothing off on roof bars so. I was hoping for 5 or 10 % off across the shop.:(

Try this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101844238&postcount=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

You and the rest of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Find someone with an Axa card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭TheBody

Try micks garage. They have a sale on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

craggy2 wrote: »

It's like a cheap Lucky Bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

You can get hi vis vest for free from the rsa. Torch in deals for 1.50. Cant really see the need for the shovel. I'd sooner spend a few quid on a good set of jumpleads, cause those ones dont look great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,169 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's like a cheap Lucky Bag

The shovel might be very useful tomorrow morning though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

In the 2010 freeze I was unfortunate enough to end up in need of a shovel leaving work one evening. Fortunately there was a Woodies a minute's slide across the car park from where I was working, but I can see the benefit of having one of these available in the car, especially if you may end up somewhere where help is not close at hand.

This is the kind of thing that you will not see the point of having, until you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Fun fact - I once got a warning on the motors forum for telling a poster you could wee on a lock if it was frozen and you were badly stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fun fact - I once got a warning on the motors forum for telling a poster you could wee on a lock if it was frozen and you were badly stuck.
    Goes without saying but probably best to get permission of the owner first if it isn't your own car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Basq wrote: »
    Goes without saying but probably best to get permission of the owner first if it isn't your own car..

No good deed goes unpunished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

In the 2010 freeze I was unfortunate enough to end up in need of a shovel leaving work one evening. Fortunately there was a Woodies a minute's slide across the car park from where I was working, but I can see the benefit of having one of these available in the car, especially if you may end up somewhere where help is not close at hand.

This is the kind of thing that you will not see the point of having, until you need it.

Point I was making is that I'd sooner have a good set of leads and no shovel, than a ****e set and a shovel. Sure, that one real bad year in '10, some people may have needed a shovel, but you can only carry so much stuff in the boot of your car, so I'm inclined to prioritise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

combine it with the cheap rope posted on here and you have the makings of an interesting conversation with a garda!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

cletus wrote: »
    Point I was making is that I'd sooner have a good set of leads and no shovel, than a ****e set and a shovel. Sure, that one real bad year in '10, some people may have needed a shovel, but you can only carry so much stuff in the boot of your car, so I'm inclined to prioritise

Yup got stuck in 2010, garden hoe saved the day !

Advertisement