Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yup got stuck in 2010, garden hoe saved the day !

Buzzfeed want to know what the hoe wee'd on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

craggy2 wrote: »

Ah Sh*te. I just paid 36 for the kit WITHOUT the shovel, as that was 50 at the time, thinking I got a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

gussieg wrote: »
    Ah Sh*te. I just paid 36 for the kit WITHOUT the shovel, as that was 50 at the time, thinking I got a bargain.
    Reserve.
    Receipt.
    Return.
    Refund.
    Repurchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fun fact - I once got a warning on the motors forum for telling a poster you could wee on a lock if it was frozen and you were badly stuck.

Badly stuck for a wee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,169 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just a heads up, the oil is still €15
    Sweet, it's 4 types €15 for 4 litres...

542326?$pm_large$

338720?$pm_large$

338704?$pm_large$

640775?$pm_large$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Hecman

Just another heads up. It's going up to €18

...at some stage over the next few days. So I heard, don't know if it's true tho.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was in the store in Limerick, and spotted a lonely looking box of Turtlewax's black box. No price on shelf, so chanced my arm and checked the price at the till.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Wax-Black-Box-Kit/dp/B0096N8QEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485163192&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+wax+black+box

€13. Now I just need a load of microfibre towels and gloves. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    I was in the store in Limerick, and spotted a lonely looking box of Turtlewax's black box. No price on shelf, so chanced my arm and checked the price at the till.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Wax-Black-Box-Kit/dp/B0096N8QEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485163192&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+wax+black+box

€13. Now I just need a load of microfibre towels and gloves. :-D

Do the mazda for me? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

Some good reductions today, play tents €5, 12" Bike €30, balance bikes €20, 2 man tent €8, sleeping bag €8, lots more https://pricescanner.ie/halfords/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Quick q - has anyone ever managed to order in a product to your local Halfords from another store? I'm eyeing up something which is out of stock in my local shop...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Quick q - has anyone ever managed to order in a product to your local Halfords from another store? I'm eyeing up something which is out of stock in my local shop...

No, and i've asked them. You could see if they'd allow a courier to collect it for you, i never thought of it at the time but i should have asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

craggy2 wrote: »
    Some good reductions today, play tents €5, 12" Bike €30, balance bikes €20, 2 man tent €8, sleeping bag €8, lots more https://pricescanner.ie/halfords/

Thanks for that one. Just ordered the tent. The kids will love this for the back garden.

mad dave wrote: »
    Thanks for that one. Just ordered the tent. The kids will love this for the back garden.

Crafty, toughen them up AND pay for their first years car insurance / 4 years college by renting out their rooms on air bnb. I salute you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I had ordered the oil to collect but my local branch phoned me yesterday to say they have no stock for ages and no sign of getting any in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

226560?w=637&h=403

AdBlue 10 Litre Can €14

Item: 226560
    AdBlue 10 Litre Can
    Maybe of interest to some if you have a diesel that required Adblue

In Halfords Airside

it is not showing on the Irish site so can't check stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sweet, it's 4 types €15 for 4 litres...

542326?$pm_large$

338720?$pm_large$

338704?$pm_large$

640775?$pm_large$
    Got for €14 with trade card :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Web exclusive €30 http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-21-piece-socket-set-3-4

Halfords Advanced Professional 21 piece Socket Set 3/4"
    •Fully polished chrome vanadium steel for superior performance
    •3/4" Drive 12Pt Sockets: 19, 21-24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 32, 35, 36, 38, 41, 46, 50mm
    •3/4" Drive extension bars: 100mm, 200mm, 400mm
    •3/4" Drive Sliding T-Bar 450mm
    •3/4" Drive Breaker Bar 475mm

A real bargain considering you get a breaker bar, sliding T-bar & 3 extension bars, not to mention the sockets.

I've read the reviews & one thing that is mentioned on more that one occasion is that the quality of the box isn't great, also it appears the box isn't the correct size for the sockets, & some of the positions are marked for imperial sockets, no big deal just thought I'd mention it.

I got the 200 piece socket & spanner set last year, I also bought the 18" 1/2" breaker bar to go with it which was €25 before discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Web exclusive €30 http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-21-piece-socket-set-3-4

•3/4" Drive 12Pt Sockets: 19, 21-24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 32, 35, 36, 38, 41, 46, 50mm

A real bargain considering you get a breaker bar, sliding T-bar & 3 extension bars, not to mention the sockets.

I've read the reviews & one thing that is mentioned on more that one occasion is that the quality of the box isn't great, also it appears the box isn't the correct size for the sockets, & some of the positions are marked for imperial sockets, no big deal just thought I'd mention it.

I got the 200 piece socket & spanner set last year, I also bought the 18" 1/2" breaker bar to go with it which was €25 before discount.

This set is normally £250 (Sterling) and its £100 trade price. I ordered it yesterday. Huge sockets, astonishing value, must be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Alfie1 wrote: »

Thanks Alfie1,just reserved there.Great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

I ordered it this morning. Collecting Thursday. Hopefully they honor it if it is a mistake, it's still £250 on the UK site.
    I've no known need for it but it's a steak at the price and if I use it once it's paid for itself.

The sockets should be handy for pressing bushes if nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I had ordered the oil to collect but my local branch phoned me yesterday to say they have no stock for ages and no sign of getting any in.

Whats your local, there was a good bit left when I looked last week in Liffey valley branch, I just took what I needed, loads left 2 for my car and 2 for hers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭bladespin

Alfie1 awesome bargain!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Tks for taking the time to post Alfie. Got a date of 3rd feb here

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

If you reserve for click and collect and don't collect are you charged or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

pollocks wrote:
    If you reserve for click and collect and don't collect are you charged or what?

Pay on collection in store.

I've reserved one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

No way they will honour it. Im sure they dont have a stock of so many

Yoink nice one alfie.

This should have the right size for the caps for oil filters on cars that use drop in paper cartridges rather than spin on oil filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Cheers. Reserved for thursday. If it is that much of a miss price id be expecting to get a message saying its canceled but worth a shot all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice one. Reserved for Friday.
    Axa card should work on this.

Advertisement