Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

9.20 you say ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clement

I ordered last night Monday at 10pm. Got the cancellation today at 1.20pm. Balls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

I wouldn't be too disappointed. Put the €30 and a few more quid to a decent 3/4 set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cletus wrote: »
    Apologies folks, posting from my phone, seems to be acting up

Site maintenance today, might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

Just wanted to jump in here lads, I ordered mine around 9.20, haven't heard anything yet.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just to drop the stress levels for the 'large socket set gang',.......

Link

You can never have enough 8gb memory sticks lying around. €3 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't be too disappointed. Put the €30 and a few more quid to a decent 3/4 set.

Any recommendations on a better set for not much more? Lifetime warranty preferred.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Any recommendations on a better set for not much more? Lifetime warranty preferred.

Not a hope (as you well know Colm) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

colm_mcm wrote: »

Silverline one on Amazon at £45 is the closest in price I know of with a lifetime warranty but obviously much harder to claim than wandering into halford with broken bit. Also not the same quality if finish comes in a crappy metal box and contains a ratchet instead of a breaker bar so I would be less inclined to put a 6ft scaffold pole on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

FYI with regard to the lifetime warranty, you have to produce your receipt to make use of it. However it is printed on crap thermal paper which wont last a few years, nevermind your lifetime...
    Might want to take a photo of it or something and file it away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Halfords often emails you the receipt, especially for online purchases. That should be good for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

phill106 wrote: »
    FYI with regard to the lifetime warranty, you have to produce your receipt to make use of it. However it is printed on crap thermal paper which wont last a few years, nevermind your lifetime...

When paying Halfords offer the option of emailing the receipt which is your warranty, if they don't then ask them to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

dodzy wrote: »

Link

great thanks
    was just looking for couple them :D

Not true, with sockets anyway. They know the stuff that's lifetime warranted and they can hardly argue a broken part is not theirs. In the unlikely event you pop a scaffolding pipe on a 1/2" ratchet and bust it, they'll replace it without hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

dodzy wrote: »

Link

I just ordered 3 of these, but there was none in Cork and it reserved them in Limerick instead. As good a bargain as it is, I'm not gonna drive to Limerick for them!:D

So if anyone wants the reservation number, drop us a PM. They'll be ready in an hour apparently!

Your right, im wrong, i listened to youtube and they had it wrong.

All Halfords Advanced tools come with a lifetime guarantee. No fuss, no quibble, we simply replace it – no receipt required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

I have a code for that socket set if anyone interested.its for sligo to be picked up this friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

If anyone wants my reservation code for Blanchardstown, send me a PM.

I've decided to be sensible and not buy something that I don't need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    I just ordered 3 of these, but there was none in Cork and it reserved them in Limerick instead. As good a bargain as it is, I'm not gonna drive to Limerick for them!:D

So if anyone wants the reservation number, drop us a PM. They'll be ready in an hour apparently!

That's gone now dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Should someone with a Galway booking decide it would just sit in their shed unused, feel free to PM me!

-Fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭freebee23

Ronan H wrote: »
    If anyone wants my reservation code for Blanchardstown, send me a PM.

I've decided to be sensible and not buy something that I don't need!

Very interested.
    Pm sent cheers freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

freebee23 wrote:
    Very interested. Pm sent cheers freebee23

Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Looking for a booking in mayo or Sligo if anyone has one, just missed this, the sizes are ideal for my motorbike wheel nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

rustynutz wrote: »
    Looking for a booking in mayo or Sligo if anyone has one, just missed this, the sizes are ideal for my motorbike wheel nuts

monster_bike_8.jpg

rustynutz wrote: »

keavebm posted earlier

Adverts | Friends
    I have a code for that socket set if anyone interested.its for sligo to be picked up this friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

If anyone has a code for anywhere in dublin please pm me
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Just got a call an hour ago to say my set was waiting for collection a day early so went and picked up my bargain alert 3/4" set garage decoration!
    Again thanks Alfie1.

Just got a call an hour ago to say my set was waiting for collection a day early so went and picked up my bargain alert 3/4" set garage decoration!
    Again thanks Alfie1.

is it massive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

keavebm wrote: »

I'll take it please, pm me details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

is it massive?

Didn't open it yet but the box itself is about the same size as the 200 piece box from Halfords.

Advertisement