Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

pissed wrote: »
    Halfords Advanced Professional 21 Piece Socket Set 3/4" showing in stock for Blanchardstown, Coolock and Liffey Valley and Tallaght. Just ordered a set for collection from Coolock.

Thanks OP.

Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Halfords Advanced Professional 21 Piece Socket Set 3/4" showing in stock for Blanchardstown, Coolock and Liffey Valley and Tallaght. Just ordered a set for collection from Coolock.

Thanks OP.

You did well. Nothing there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Reserved one for naas there. Available Sunday for pickup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Looks like I missed it :( Bought a single 46mm socket a month ago for about 12 euro! This is a bargain at 30 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

deckie27 wrote: »
    Any reservations Drogheda or Navan asm
    Or Nass Portlaoise or Cavan.
    I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you

Got a reservation for Drogheda @ 7:30 this morning
    Pick up not until Sunday. Fingers crossed it comes into stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Reserved one for naas there. Available Sunday for pickup :)

Aww just got an email saying they can't fulfil the order :( boo. Was a great deal for some breaker bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks OP.

Reserved one from Tallaght this am but just got a cancellation email.

I really want to drink tea from the biggest one!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

No more code requests please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

deckie27 wrote: »
    Got a reservation for Drogheda @ 7:30 this morning
    Pick up not until Sunday. Fingers crossed it comes into stock.

I reserved couple of nights ago to pick up in Drogheda and it's not until Monday.. Halfords logic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Just collected mine

IMG_20170202_114715.jpg

€27 with this voucher, even bigger bargain :D
    The breaker bar alone is selling for €37 ;)

Halfords-group-scheme (1).pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Can anyone use that voucher?

Yes I've used it a few times last year, someone else posted in on Bargain Alerts previously.
    I didn't post it earlier as I though it may have expired at the end of 2016 but it's still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Just show on your phone or print it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I saw a note on the till at my local Halfords that "Voucher X is now the only accepted voucher".
    I had one from a different groupscheme but that expired start of the year and hasn't been replaced.

I would NOT be surprised if that one above was not automatically accepted in all stores.
    I always printed them.

Just show on your phone or print it?

I printed it but previously I just showed them the voucher with the code on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just collected socket set in Naas, thanks OP. Chap on the till said they had a pallet of them delivered. He had about 20 reservations printed out. Might be worth someone's time trying Naas over the weekend in case someone doesn't collect theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

My set is waiting for me in Kilkenny if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

toe_knee wrote: »
    My set is waiting for me in Kilkenny if anyone wants it

Would really appreciate it! Sent you a PM

To keep those dinner plate sized sockets blinging:

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-tyre-cleaning/armor-all-shield-for-wheels

Might work on wheels too.

And somewhere to admire the socket set without being judged. Not bad for a fiver.

http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/child-travel/child-travel-accessories/pirate-kids-play-tent

988824?w=637&h=403

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I saw a note on the till at my local Halfords that "Voucher X is now the only accepted voucher".
    I had one from a different groupscheme but that expired start of the year and hasn't been replaced.

I would NOT be surprised if that one above was not automatically accepted in all stores.
    I always printed them.

The company I work for is in the groupscheme the voucher comes from and Halfords are no longer listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mcgovern wrote: »
    The company I work for is in the groupscheme the voucher comes from and Halfords are no longer listed.

So it's not gonna work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Is you have Axa home or car insurance bring your cert for 10% off

vicwatson wrote: »
    So it's not gonna work?

It worked for me today.

Also it worked a couple of months ago, they typed the code in from the voucher & it was accepted so it must still have been on their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Just collected mine

IMG_20170202_114715.jpg

€27 with this voucher, even bigger bargain :D
    The breaker bar alone is selling for €37 ;)

Halfords-group-scheme (1).pdf

Just collected my reserved sockets today and got another €3 off, thanks for the tip.

I always printed them.

What voucher are you saying is the one they accept? some other voucher? I may have lucked out with the above but if there is a new voucher I'd like to find out.

The voucher above did work this time, was thinking of buying a nextbase dashcam, I asked but they said they weren't accepted on that section of items but on the voucher it just says, not on the bike to work, cycle to work scheme or in combination with group scheme? (AXA?), it then says group scheme cannot be used on satellite navigation or ipods.

Should I have been with AXA to avail of this voucher? It doesn't seem to exclude the dashcams on the voucher either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I had ordered the oil to collect but my local branch phoned me yesterday to say they have no stock for ages and no sign of getting any in.

There is still some 10W40, 5W40 left in Liffey Valley
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Got for €14 with trade card :)

but its now €18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Has anyone collected the socket set from liffey valley yet? Mine was due today (reserved Monday) bit when I rang they said it hadn't arrived yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cerastes wrote: »
    There is still some 10W40, 5W40 left in Liffey Valley

but its now €18

They had a bunch of them on display in Limerick for €15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

positron wrote: »
    And somewhere to admire the socket set without being judged. Not bad for a fiver.

http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/child-travel/child-travel-accessories/pirate-kids-play-tent

988824?w=637&h=403

Haha,I have an image of some lad sitting in this with his legs crossed admiring his sockets gollum style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Massey188

I was thinking of buying one of theses 200 piece sets in black! I read above that some of you got the ordinary sets for 150e a while back, I wonder will the price ever go back down this low again and I wonder is the limited edition set a bad idea in relation to getting pieces replaced in the future??
    http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

Advertisement