Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'd say you'd be unlikely to get replacements in black if you broke anything, this is part of the guarantee statement:
    "Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality."

As someone mentioned previously, having the tools in black probably makes them easier to lose, especially the smaller parts.

As for price, I think €155 was the cheapest it got last year & that only happened 2 or 3 times in March & November (Black Friday sale) according to pricechecker IIRC.

You could currently get the Black edition for €180 - 10% = €162 using the group scheme voucher I posted if it's accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's the €30 set even worth? As in what's the norm retail price for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

Massey188 wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying one of theses 200 piece sets in black! I read above that some of you got the ordinary sets for 150e a while back, I wonder will the price ever go back down this low again and I wonder is the limited edition set a bad idea in relation to getting pieces replaced in the future??
    http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

150£ on the .com site with 15% off til Monday. Comes in around 150€ if you knew someone that could collect it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Massey188

Thanks for the quick reply, I suppose theres pros and cons for both kits. the black would be somewhat unusual and would hopefully prevent others from taking bits they have lost to replenish their own kit. The silver kit is overpriced imo at the minute. I do think the black one is value for money at the minute although.. ill stick it out another week or two before making a decision i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

My 2 cents kn those 200 piece sets.

A big set is very clumsy and more prone to the sockets spilling out of their places. Also, you're carrying around either a load of big stuff that you don't need if you're working with small stuff, or vice versa. For me, a neat 1/4 inch set does all the intricate stuff, with a 1/2" set for the workshop. With all that, I can never see much use for 3/8" stuff

Each to his own of course!

• Advertisement

It's a pity the 200 piece kit doesn't come in 2 or even 3 boxes, it would make it a lot easier & lighter to carry around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Gutted I didn't get the 3/4 set, been looking for one for ages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Has anyone collected the socket set from liffey valley yet? Mine was due today (reserved Monday) bit when I rang they said it hadn't arrived yet.

Yes, got mine around 1:30. There was at least one other set collected around the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's the €30 set even worth? As in what's the norm retail price for it

Here's the UK SITE AD:

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-21-piece-socket-set-3-4

No bloody way I'd pay that now. But realistically I'd say we got it at 25-30% of it's realistic value.

Will it get much use? Probably not. But that breaker bar is going under my bed, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Similar sets on amazon.co.uk for around €53.

Silverline 3/4" socket set

Couldn't comment on the quality tho, but reviews seem to be generally good (bad reviews seem to be aimed at packaging and delivery).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Longboard wrote: »

Couldn't comment on the quality tho, but reviews seem to be generally good (bad reviews seem to be aimed at packaging and delivery).

And used at E45, still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Yes, got mine around 1:30. There was at least one other set collected around the same time.

Collected mine in Liffey Valley earlier, brilliant bargain thanks Alfie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Longboard wrote: »

The garbage that Silverline put out is not even close to the Halfords Pro range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

On the lifetime warranty, it says on the box that a valid receipt must be produced. I know someone said that they got items replaced without it, but, Halfords could point to this if they wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Kat1170 wrote: »
    On the lifetime warranty, it says on the box that a valid receipt must be produced. I know someone said that they got items replaced without it, but, Halfords could point to this if they wanted to.

They won't. 100%.

Just waiting on a forklift to collect mine in blanch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Kat1170 wrote: »

In addition to the till receipt Halfords sent me a receipt by email to the address I used when placing the order, they did this without me asking.

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

I've a reservation code for blanch if anyones still looking for the socket set.

GONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MackMack

Just picked mine up from Cork. Dam this set is big. There's €30 in scrap value for the set alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 clivejpk

Sent a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Thargor wrote: »

I use that trick the whole time, the wife has small hands so everything looks big that she holds :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ME PLEASE !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Web exclusive €30 http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-21-piece-socket-set-3-4

Halfords Advanced Professional 21 piece Socket Set 3/4"
    •Fully polished chrome vanadium steel for superior performance
    •3/4" Drive 12Pt Sockets: 19, 21-24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 32, 35, 36, 38, 41, 46, 50mm
    •3/4" Drive extension bars: 100mm, 200mm, 400mm
    •3/4" Drive Sliding T-Bar 450mm
    •3/4" Drive Breaker Bar 475mm

A real bargain considering you get a breaker bar, sliding T-bar & 3 extension bars, not to mention the sockets.

I've read the reviews & one thing that is mentioned on more that one occasion is that the quality of the box isn't great, also it appears the box isn't the correct size for the sockets, & some of the positions are marked for imperial sockets, no big deal just thought I'd mention it.

I got the 200 piece socket & spanner set last year, I also bought the 18" 1/2" breaker bar to go with it which was €25 before discount.

Thanks Alfie , got mine in Liffey valley ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Gone to emo72. First one to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ubs69 wrote: »
    Thanks Alfie , got mine in Liffey valley ,

Did they let you know it was ready? Mine was due to be ready earlier today but haven't heard anything from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

mcgovern wrote: »
    Did they let you know it was ready? Mine was due to be ready earlier today but haven't heard anything from them.

They don't notify..
    Collected mine in Dundalk..
    They were flying out yer man said...
    Lot of staff wanted them but didn't know in time..
    Thanks again to the OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

€50 here for anybody that doesn't need their set :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the BA Alfie, I just collected mine here in Drogheda, at least one other person there to collect theirs. €27 with AXA card and receipt was emailed to me as well.

Massive heavy yoke!! Just as well that Aldi has an handtruck on offer this week - I might need it to move this yoke from kitchen to the shed, where it shall rest forever undisturbed (unless De Lacy bridge in Drogheda needs tighning up)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

alias no.9 wrote: »
    In addition to the till receipt Halfords sent me a receipt by email to the address I used when placing the order, they did this without me asking.
    Alfie1 wrote: »
    Same here.

Me too, I forgot to ask them for the email version and they hadn't offered, must be connected to the card I used as an email receipt arrived automatically, probably why they didn't ask.
    I realised afterwards and was thinking Id have to go back with the actual receipt while I could still locate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Adverts will be full of sockets sets this weekend

Advertisement