Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

positron wrote: »
    Thanks for the BA Alfie, I just collected mine here in Drogheda, at least one other person there to collect theirs. €27 with AXA card and receipt was emailed to me as well.

Massive heavy yoke!! Just as well that Aldi has an handtruck on offer this week - I might need it to move this yoke from kitchen to the shed, where it shall rest forever undisturbed (unless De Lacy bridge in Drogheda needs tighning up)!!

Couldn't get the axa 10% in liffey valley. Women there always refuses it on discounted items. She laughed today when I asked said "you're aready getting 170 off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Collected the package. €27 from blanch using the PDF voucher on the phone. No questions asked. Shortlisted for BA of the year even at this early stage! Cheers OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

Picked mine up today, got 15% off with Axa card, €25.50, not a bad price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Cheers OP, collected mine today in Galway, €27 with axa card.

Mighty socket set for the money! There were about 20 sets in a parcel cage waiting for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

3/4 drive. Jeepers.. I will never use this as my 1/2 drive set does everything I need. I did not realize how big this mofo was..

Willing to swap for a decent 3/8 torque wrench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

cerastes wrote: »
    Me too, I forgot to ask them for the email version and they hadn't offered, must be connected to the card I used as an email receipt arrived automatically, probably why they didn't ask.
    I realised afterwards and was thinking Id have to go back with the actual receipt while I could still locate it.

They didn't offer to send me the receipt so I asked, he said he'd already sent it, they have your email from the reservation ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

3/4 drive. Jeepers.. I will never use this as my 1/2 drive set does everything I need. I did not realize how big this mofo was..

Willing to swap for a decent 3/8 torque wrench

I'll buy it off ya if you want rid of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Jesus christ I cannot wait to see the back of this feckin socket set.

You'd know the bleedin boom is back the number of people who will have a look at it once maybe go looking for a large nut to flute about with then leave it knocking around the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

rustynutz wrote: »
    I'll buy it off ya if you want rid of it

If ya have a nice torque wrench to bargain with I will.

iwillhtfu wrote: »

The wait is over, here's the back of the socket set box :D

IMG_20170202_185312.jpg

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    The wait is over, here's the back of the socket set box :D

IMG_20170202_185312.jpg

Such an anti climax :P

Also probably the best use you'll actually get out of the thing ;)

You'd know the bleedin boom is back the number of people who will have a look at it once maybe go looking for a large nut to flute about with then leave it knocking around the shed.

Didn't get one then? ........ :D:D

Such an anti climax :P

Also probably the best use you'll actually get out of the thing ;)

€27 is a bargain for a collection of shiny paperweights :p

With a lifetime guarantee :D

iPhone. wrote: »
    Didn't get one then? ........ :D:D

haha I did have one reserved in Carlow but penny dropped and thought what in the name of jaysus do I need this thing for. Didn't bother picking it up so it may be still there. After seeing the size of it looks like I chose well.

€27 is a bargain for a collection of shiny paperweights :p

With a lifetime guarantee :D

How dare you incite people into buying things with their own hard earned money, that others don't approve of them buying!!

Extremely unthoughtful, shame on you!! :D:D:D

haha I did have one reserved in Carlow but penny dropped and thought what in the name of jaysus do I need this thing for. Didn't bother picking it up so it may be still there. After seeing the size of it looks like I chose well.

ah someone on here will be delighted with the code if you still have it, fair play! it is a huge lump of a yoke alright! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

How are those grapes tasting, a little sour, perhaps? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Another very happy camper here. Collected this afternoon and can't get over the quality for the price. 15% off with AXA card also so tks again Alfie. As another poster said this is heading for BA of the year. I paid around €14 for a single socket (32 or 34) a couple of years ago that I needed to remove an oil filter cover so this will definitely pay for itself even if it I don't use all the sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I dont get why people are saying it will never be used. Even a generic thing like taking off your wheel nuts is a hell of a lot easier with this and the 27mm socket.

All I need now to complete my Halfords set is an offer for a 3/4" Female - 1/2" Male adaptor (Don't think Halfords sell that) & a Halfords Advanced Adaptor 1/2" Female - 3/4" Male http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=317959&productId=179419&storeId=11101

Can't be paying €9.59 for that :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

All I need now to complete my Halfordsvset is an offer for a 3/4" Female - 1/2" Male adaptor (Don't think Halfords sell that) & a Halfords Advanced Adaptor 1/2" Female - 3/4" Male http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=317959&productId=179419&storeId=11101 can't be paying €9.59 for that :eek: :D

Im going to buy that over the border, I live 25 minutes away from Derry Halfords. Its only €5.92 there trade price.

HALFORDS%20SOCKET_1.jpg

Bargain :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Step away from the socket set :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I dont get why people are saying it will never be used. Even a generic thing like taking off your wheel nuts is a hell of a lot easier with this and the 27mm socket.

What wheel nuts do you have that are 27mm? Do you own a Boeing?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thanks Alfie, collected mine this evening. Dude in the shop told me that Halfords had 3000 units in the warehouse, and after the mis price they sold out in minutes. Don't know how many are down to you ? lol

Seems to be some sour grapes from people who don't have big nuts :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kona wrote: »
    What wheel nuts do you have that are 27mm? Do you own a Boeing?!!!

27mm? My Audi nuts are 27mm- and my last car- a Volvo- also had 27mm nuts. Its quite a common nut size for certain car marques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

27mm? My Audi nuts are 27mm- and my last car- a Volvo- also had 27mm nuts. Its quite a common nut size for certain car marques.

What models? Your wheels must be huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I know we're not allowed ask for codes but I do have real and genuine use for this. Someone please...

Also, 27mm wheel nuts? Check again man, maybe the hub nuts areally around that.. 27mm is tractor wheel nut sizes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kona wrote: »
    What models? Your wheels must be huge.

19" ultra wides on a 3 spoke factory alloy A6 (current) and 19" ultra wides elb's on a V70.

Advertisement