Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

positron wrote: »
    This is the box I got - sounds like the blue style box you mentioned:

408317.jpg

Same as the set I collected today in Coolock. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

I am finding it hard to understand how halfords can afford to run this "lifetime guarantee" system. Effectively they are guaranteeing these tools, or any tools in the advanced range, for the lifetime of halfords (not the buyer). A workshop or a trades person once kitted out are sorted forever (or until Halfords folds).

Is this type of guarantee normal in "trade" tools and stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭The lips

Yes, I can't think of any mechanic toolset manufacturer that doesn't honour a lifetime guarantee.

Oh okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Thanks Alfie, collected today €27 with screen grab voucher. I do have use for most of the set on farm machinery and plant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I am finding it hard to understand how halfords can afford to run this "lifetime guarantee" system. Effectively they are guaranteeing these tools, or any tools in the advanced range, for the lifetime of halfords (not the buyer). A workshop or a trades person once kitted out are sorted forever (or until Halfords folds).

Is this type of guarantee normal in "trade" tools and stuff?

You won't be covered if you break the tool abusing it (using a hammer for instance). If you use the tool correctly it is unlikely it will ever break (except the ratchets, but they are expressly excluded). I can vouch for the Halfords stuff though. I got the 170 piece years ago, and it is solid.

I'd love to have got this. Unlike most posters I have a fleet of heavy machinery and would use it! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Any moving part tool isn't covered, open to correction on that though. I.e ratchet, breaker bar. Same warranty teng tools have.

Cheers, makes sense.

Noticed this 200 piece socket set is on sale for €180 down from €400 (probably fiction).

284684?w=637&h=403

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Berberis wrote: »
    I've a code for Tallaght needs to be collected by end of sunday. Had a phone call to say its there, but I never realised their as big as they are. So no need for them.

First PM gets it.
    Mods sorry for posting this just seems a shame to let the code go to waste

Code gone to Magentis

There's no problem offering codes, thanks. But there's no point people asking for codes, because if people have them to offer, they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Cheers, makes sense.

Noticed this 200 piece socket set is on sale for €180 down from €400 (probably fiction).

It was €200 at Christmas, as I bought one as a present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Any moving part tool isn't covered, open to correction on that though. I.e ratchet, breaker bar ...

IIRC that was previously the policy but it has been changed & now all tools are covered, I can't find the reference to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Cheers, makes sense.

284684?w=637&h=403

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

That is one fab lookin tool kit. Has torx heads also. I would love to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

This 200 set worth getting?

longshanks wrote: »
    This is the set I got.

Just a different box..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

job seeker wrote: »
    This 200 set worth getting?
    I got the chrome version last year very good . Professional usage. They replace broken torx socket no problem .tbh they got dogged

chris1970 wrote: »
    I got the chrome version last year very good . Professional usage. They replace broken torx socket no problem .tbh they got dogged

I see, I gotta find out how to use click and collect now.. No good with this kind of stuff..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

chris1970 wrote: »

I see, I gotta find out how to use click and collect now.. No good with this kind of stuff..

Ah, its fairly handy. Just click on it, then go collect it :D

cletus wrote: »
    Ah, its fairly handy. Just click on it, then go collect it :D

:pac: There's a little more to it than just that.. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

If you're not in a panic, they usually do a 15% web only discount over bank holiday weekends. As their full tool prices are for the birds, you obviously need to be getting the 50% off as well, this taking your 400/200 set down to 170

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I bought that 200 piece set for 120 a few years back. Still serves me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Cheers, makes sense.

284684?w=637&h=403

I think I picked up that set for about €150 last year. It's a grand bit of kit for home cooking.

Farmer wrote: »
    If you're not in a panic, they usually do a 15% web only discount over bank holiday weekends. As their full tool prices are for the birds, you obviously need to be getting the 50% off as well, this taking your 400/200 set down to 170

Oh so I'll be saving 10 euro? As it's selling for 180 at the minute..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Oh so I'll be saving 10 euro? As it's selling for 180 at the minute..

Not if they start with the 180 figure as they appear to be doing in the UK

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

Comes in at about 150 eur with the discount.

Of course it's your money and the chance of a discount down the road is no use if you need it tomorrow!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

The trade card gets you approx 13% discount.

Farmer wrote: »
    Not if they start with the 180 figure as they appear to be doing in the UK

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-set-limited-edition-black

Comes in at about 150 eur with the discount.

Of course it's your money and the chance of a discount down the road is no use if you need it tomorrow!

Ah no, I took that first post of yours up wrong. I'll wait, as I'm in no rush at all. Thanks for the advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

The 21 piece got delivered to limerick Friday so picked mine up then. Didn't realise how heavy they would be 😂 . I can't think of anytime I'll get to use them but boy does a bargain and shiny tools make me smile! Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭bladespin

Got the call to say it was in midweek and collected yesterday, some kit for e30, thanks for putting it up Alfie

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭crasy dash

stamjoe wrote: »
    The 21 piece got delivered to limerick Friday so picked mine up then. Didn't realise how heavy they would be 😂 . I can't think of anytime I'll get to use them but boy does a bargain and shiny tools make me smile! Thanks for posting.

Did you get a call I ordered it into limerick but haven't heard a thing since I got the text .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

crasy dash wrote: »
    Did you get a call I ordered it into limerick but haven't heard a thing since I got the text .

It might be worth giving them a call in case they forgot to ring you if you don't want your collection reservation to expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

crasy dash wrote: »

No I didn't the reservation email said order arrives Friday 3pm in limerick.

Advertisement