Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nope, no receipt emailed. I'll bang them over a tweet and see what they say!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

antodeco wrote: »
    Nope, no receipt emailed. I'll bang them over a tweet and see what they say!

If its unopened- they'll probably swap it out for you- I got a gallon for fully synthetic VW swapped out last week, no issues (Liffey Valley).

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If its unopened- they'll probably swap it out for you- I got a gallon for fully synthetic VW swapped out last week, no issues (Liffey Valley).

Grand. It'll be Liffey Valley illness bringing it back to I'd say anyway. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

Last post on the socket set (seeing as how they closed our other thread). Went back in today to see if there were any updates on the extension bar missing from my set. I was told the set is obsolete, so the best they could do was offer me a 50% refund :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

cletus wrote: »
    Last post on the socket set (seeing as how they closed our other thread). Went back in today to see if there were any updates on the extension bar missing from my set. I was told the set is obsolete, so the best they could do was offer me a 50% refund :D

What about the lifetime warranty? Have they not got spares for this obsolete socket set?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

That's some set for 15 notes. Made short work of this yoke for me today.

Chile_Chuquicamata_mine_haul_truck_Dumper_f933a27695ad411d873d56695803559b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

No idea, cross that bridge when I come to it. The impression I got was that they tried to source a second set for me, and its the set itself that is no longer sold. Manager told me they never had any of the 3/4" sets in stock, and its probably cheaper to give me the money back than have an extension bar (probably costing more) sent out to give me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No idea, cross that bridge when I come to it. The impression I got was that they tried to source a second set for me, and its the set itself that is no longer sold. Manager told me they never had any of the 3/4" sets in stock, and its probably cheaper to give me the money back than have an extension bar (probably costing more) sent out to give me

Socket conversation is here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Which is closed so noone can continue it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

What we need to compliment our bargain 3/4 socket set's are 3/4-1/2" adapters so we can make use of the awesome breaker bar with our regular tools. Anybody find a decent one at the right price yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yawns wrote: »
    Which is closed so noone can continue it there.

Maybe it's closure was a not so subtle hint regarding this topic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Maybe it's closure was a not so subtle hint regarding this topic?

Must be subtle, you didn't notice it was closed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I didn't even take mine out of the box yet, waiting for a special occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

liam7831 wrote: »
    I didn't even take mine out of the box yet, waiting for a special occasion

It's Valentine's Day! Have you small nuts or something? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Cocoon wrote: »
    What we need to compliment our bargain 3/4 socket set's are 3/4-1/2" adapters so we can make use of the awesome breaker bar with our regular tools. Anybody find a decent one at the right price yet?

$8.04 posted on aliexpress, heavy duty, so it should take the 4 foot pipe as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Satriale wrote: »
    posted on aliexpress, heavy duty, so it should take the 4 foot pipe as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Cocoon wrote: »

Bought the adapter in Halfords in Derry today using trade card.

Also stumbled across a rivet nut tool which they dont appear to have on the shelves in the south, so bought it too, it wasnt a bargain though, just saying. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure if this is a bargain, but it 50% off from the normal (aspirational) price at €94. Around €84 if you can get AXA discount.

http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/storage/tool-chests-cabinets/halfords-professional-7-drawer-ball-bearing-chest

174920?$pm_large$

I have a three drawer version that came up as a BA here a while back for €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

15% off this month on the AXA card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

And an extra 15% off all workshop, ends Wednesday 1st March.

_20170224_213758.JPG

That brings the 200 piece socket & spanner set (black edition) down to €153

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Alfie1 wrote: »
    And an extra 15% off all workshop, ends Wednesday 1st March.

_20170224_213758.JPG

That brings the 200 piece socket & spanner set (black edition) down to €153

Or 130 with the Axa Card. I got it friday on my way home from work, can't complain about it for that price. Weighs almost 16kg!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

They should bring the other set in line with the black edition set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

I purchased the 200pc set for €153 and when i got home and opened the box it was the chrome set not the black set, I originally wanted the chrome set but don't know if it will affect my warranty as the receipt says black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I purchased the 200pc set for €153 and when i got home and opened the box it was the chrome set not the black set, I originally wanted the chrome set but don't know if it will affect my warranty as the receipt says black.
    Just ring them and let them know. I'm sure you'll be grand. Chromes is better. Easier to spot shiny sockets on the ground when you drop them ;)

Superb kit by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

I was told I didn't even need the receipt. The professional kit comes with a lifetime warranty so if it breaks you should be able to just bring it back. I didn't get to test that yet because the kit is still perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

My son bought a set in the UK about 4 years ago. Recently, one of the ratchets started sticking. He brought the piece to a Halfords, here in Ireland, and they replaced it, no receipt required, no quibble. It really is a great guarantee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought they just gave you a rebuild kit for the ratchets. I've found the service in Halfords to be excellent lately. They've rejigged the trade card pricing too so you get a decent discount on non own brand stuff. Got 20% off autoglym last week and it wasn't even artificially inflated to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Is this thread still on ...SPANNERS?????

AAaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Masala wrote: »
    Is this thread still on ...SPANNERS?????

AAaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg!!!

Sockets dear.

(Well, cheap)

Advertisement