Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

But not 3/4" drive sockets for €30 (or less) this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Masala wrote: »
    Is this thread still on ...SPANNERS?????

AAaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg!!!

Miss out, did we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Right boys and girls, lets keep it to bargain talk and less on the merits of nuts and bolts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Beach tents in cork, originally 15 but label says 5 but scanning at 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

Got pioneer deh x8700dab stereo for bit more than 150e
    They have a promo 20 % off then got another 15% off for axa discount
    Usually price for that is around 220e
    Great deal
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&categoryId=212488&langId=-1&productId=1112665&storeId=11101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 elcosmito

elcosmito wrote: »
    Got pioneer deh x8700dab stereo for bit more than 150e
    They have a promo 20 % off then got another 15% off for axa discount
    Usually price for that is around 220e
    Great deal
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&categoryId=212488&langId=-1&productId=1112665&storeId=11101

Sorry link is extremely long so I'll add a photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

muloc wrote: »

I have been watching tents on the site, only 2 ever show. the one you linked is not available now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

Lots of reductions today -https://pricescanner.ie/halfords/#modal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Dam you to hell... Skint again!!! And all I have to keep me company is my lovely shinny sockets.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »

I was half temped by it, but I have everything there. The vortex thing? Whats that about?

I did get the 50 euro 3/8 set. Perfect for motorcycles ..

The moving parts of the ratchets are not covered by the lifetime warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

The vortex thing? Whats that about?

From the description on the site
    "The ultra thin Vortex hollow socket and extension design eliminates the depth restrictions encountered when using conventional sockets. With Vortex sockets thin wall design the slim ratchet handle reduces overall height by as much as 50%, width by 20% & increase the torque strength by as much as 40%."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Got this in an email today....

AXA Customers save 20% on Hand Tools and Tool Storage Products in Halfords during March
    We are delighted to announce that Halfords are offering AXA customers from Wednesday 1st March to Friday 31st March 2017 a 20% saving on Hand Tools and Tool Storage Products in any of Halfords Republic of Ireland stores *

Whether you're looking to fill the gaps in your toolbox, kit out your garage or even find a gift for someone who likes to swing a spanner, Halfords can provide a range of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

fdevine wrote: »
    Got this in an email today....

AXA Customers save 20% on Hand Tools and Tool Storage Products in Halfords during March
    We are delighted to announce that Halfords are offering AXA customers from Wednesday 1st March to Friday 31st March 2017 a 20% saving on Hand Tools and Tool Storage Products in any of Halfords Republic of Ireland stores *

Whether you're looking to fill the gaps in your toolbox, kit out your garage or even find a gift for someone who likes to swing a spanner, Halfords can provide a range of options.

If you are an AXA customer through a broker can you get that discount? How do you ask for it if so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭markc1184

If you are an AXA customer through a broker can you get that discount? How do you ask for it if so?

You can apply for an AXA discount card on axaplus.ie or I think you can also just show your AXA marked disc or cert for certain deals. If Halfords allow that I'm not too sure.

markc1184 wrote: »
    You can apply for an AXA discount card on axaplus.ie or I think you can also just show your AXA marked disc or cert for certain deals. If Halfords allow that I'm not too sure.

AXAPlus card can take months to get. Halfords will accept you insurance cert/disc as proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Magown3 wrote: »
    From the description on the site
    "The ultra thin Vortex hollow socket and extension design eliminates the depth restrictions encountered when using conventional sockets. With Vortex sockets thin wall design the slim ratchet handle reduces overall height by as much as 50%, width by 20% & increase the torque strength by as much as 40%."

They can be really useful. But you only really need the ratchets. You can cheat by using a ratchet ring spanner with a square to hex adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Discodog wrote: »
    They can be really useful. But you only really need the ratchets. You can cheat by using a ratchet ring spanner with a square to hex adapter

Is there a practical example of when you would need them? What part of a car for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Is there a practical example of when you would need them? What part of a car for example?

I've a similar set, bought it from qvc about 20 years ago, use it mainly for tightening a nut over a long bolt.
    If you look at the picture on the halfords site you can see an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A normal socket it quite deep say 2 inches. The ratchet handle is at least an inch. So you need around three inches of clearance. Votex sockets will be more like 1 inch. They are useful in tight spaces, for example timing belts.

Plus as the post above explains they are good for when the bolt protrudes beyond the nut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

That vortex set is €60 trade price. The alleged 300 on pricescanner is only because it was raised for 2 months, its normally 85. Dont let the false large saving fool you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Would be handy for the top nut on a some mcpherson struts when the nut is in a deep cup and the shock has a flat or hex to stop it spinning, that being said if you have an impact gun you probably don't need to hold it and when I didn't have an impact I have always managed with a chain grip or an offset ring spanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Be very handy for replacing shocks where you would need to hold shock with allen key and loosen the nut where you cant get a swan neck spanner in.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Has anyone picked up one of the modular sets ?
    I'm considering them but I want to know if the case is robust and also the dimensions. I'd appreciate some feedback is anyone can help

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SneakyDoyle

Do Halfords definitely accept an axa insurance disk for the discount? Hoping to use the brothers disk to get a few quid off a satnav!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Just use the link in the thread to one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do Halfords definitely accept an axa insurance disk for the discount? Hoping to use the brothers disk to get a few quid off a satnav!

Did he sign up for axa plus? As long as he has then all they need is the policy number afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

I'm pretty sure there's no discount on sat nav or radios

I got the 50 euro 3/8 set. To be honest, its priced well at 50, but I doubt anyone bought it for 100.

These prices are a bit of a marketing ploy . Hike the price up for a few weeks ten drop them..

CAnt complain though. For what I will do, it will probably be past on to my kids someday. Along with a still brand new 3/4 drive socket set.

• Advertisement

I misplaced my card for a while and they accepted my cert for the discount. Have never seen them input any details. Was under the impression they just put it through as a voucher or something.

Advertisement