Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

MoodeRator wrote: »

This thread should be renamed The Halfords Sockets Bargin Alerts Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Quazzie wrote: »
    Considering the amount of moany fúcks who complain about sockets far outweight the actual post about sockets I disagree.

a separate thread..keep them all in one place and leave this thread for genuine bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

a separate thread..keep them all in one place and leave this thread for genuine bargains.

Are cheap sockets not a bargain??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Are cheap sockets not a bargain??

Cheap sockets are undoubtedly a bargain but for every post alerting everyone to cheap sockets, there are 15 others from people telling us that they are picking up their fifth set because sure they're dog handy for the van or others telling us that they don't need 'em but sure they'll be getting them anyway because sockets are luvverly.
    Keep the socket alerts coming but maybe the Socket Appreciation Society could keep a lower profile, perhaps?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Cheap sockets are undoubtedly a bargain but for every post alerting everyone to cheap sockets, there are 15 others from people telling us that they are picking up their fifth set because sure they're dog handy for the van or others telling us that they don't need 'em but sure they'll be getting them anyway because sockets are luvverly.
    Keep the socket alerts coming but maybe the Socket Appreciation Society could keep a lower profile, perhaps?

Maybe they can have their own forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Maybe they can have their own forum
    website

Fixed that for you:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Honestly guys- this is getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

How often do they do half price on their sockets? Is there a way to use https://pricescanner.ie/halfords/ so that I can see individual item prices over time? Like CamelCamel https://camelcamelcamel.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

How often do they do half price on their sockets? Is there a way to use https://pricescanner.ie/halfords/ so that I can see individual item prices over time? Like CamelCamel https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Just click on price chart, shows price history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

zerks wrote: »

Thanks. Picked one up yesterday. Axa discount too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket €24
    (Unit price: €24 Ite)
    SAVE €27.59
    RRP €51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Worst thing about the socket mania is that you can just wait and pick up a better set in Lidl for a fraction of the price, 3 yer warranty usually aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-locks/bike-locks/kryptonite-evolution-mini-5-bike-lock-with-flexframe-u-bracket

Kryptonite Evolution Mini 5 Bike Lock with FlexFrame U Bracket €24
    (Unit price: €24 Ite)
    SAVE €27.59
    RRP €51.59 *

Be aware that it is smaller than most D locks, so handy to carry , not so handy if you want to lock it to a lampost.
    Great locks, love the way they attach to a bike aswell, although you will need a Youtube video to explain it to you becuse you'll never figure out how to fit the holder to the bike yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Thargor wrote: »
    Worst thing about the socket mania is that you can just wait and pick up a better set in Lidl for a fraction of the price, 3 yer warranty usually aswell.

From using both sets, the Halfords advanced range is multiple times better in quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

X2 ^^^ I've broken and bent a Lidl and Aldi set but not a Halfords advanced, not a hope is the usual lidl/Aldi sets better than the advanced range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Oh dear......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

So 3 year warranty is better than a lifetime warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SneakyDoyle

Lawl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I hope you are trolling, because trolling is better than believing that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Guys, any recommendation for a socket set up to €60 just for light use on the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

There's now a deal where you can buy "2 for 25" So you can get the 8pc pozi/flat/stubby screwdriver set and the 6pc phillips/flat set for 25. Or other things like torx/hex keys etc. Some of them don't seem to be linked on the page http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools?partnumber=927186,232426,614531,178099,630859,177893,250365%20target=%22_blank%22 like the 8pc but they're definitely tagged when you see them in their respective categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

craggy2 wrote: »

thanks got the black one. ideal for a 2 year old, bit small for a 3 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

I picked up two of these camping director chairs in Sligo yesterday .. they are comfortable and strong .. on the Irish site they are 22 euro but it doesn't say they are reduced .. on the UK site they are reduced from 40 sterling to 18

http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/camping-furniture/urban-escape-director-chair-with-side-table

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The recent socket set posts are now split to a new thread HERE.

Please use the new thread for any socket/toolchest posts.

Any issues please use the report button report.gif

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

cletus wrote: »
    So 3 year warranty is better than a lifetime warranty?

Suppose it depends how long you intend to live, 3 years could be longer than a lifetime warranty. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

via http://www.hotukdeals.com/
    Hammock €12, up to half price offer, no strings attached.

Really , no strings attached :eek:
    Simply find two suitable upright supports, such as a tree over 20cm in diameter, secure carefully using strong rope or webbing straps (not included) and relax!

So it's a rug.

Also Reflective guy lines €3

Hi guys, I know it's not exactly a "bargain" but I'm more looking for one. I tried an old voucher i had saved to my phone for 20% off in halfords but he informed me it was out of date last year, does anyone know if there's any new ones? I don't have an AXA card either. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Try this 10% voucher

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1.pdf

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Try this 10% voucher

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1.pdf

Thanks, I will do! The one I had was actually a groupschemes one too but that one has no date.

Advertisement