Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Mr E wrote: »
    Black Friday Deals.

http://www.halfords.ie/advice/cycling/brands/black-friday

4l of oil for €18 is the stand-out for me.

I'm certain I got oil for €15 in the January sale could have been low as €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭honda boi

Black Friday Deals.

Limited edition oil?
    Marketing gimmick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'limited edition' bit related to the bottle design and no more.

Halfords famously sell this oil for €15 every January so I'll wait and see. Perhaps this is a sign that 18 is the new 15 but I'll wait (don't need an oil change for a few months anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Black Friday Deals.

20% of oils in micks garage till Sunday - free del over €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I bought the lifting kit the other day. Good price at 50 euro. Got a few quid off with the 10% voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got 4l of castrol edge 0w30 from Amazon yesterday for £27 on a lightening deal. It will probably reappear.

Edit . Cancelled order. Got oil from europarts for £10.39 with code BLACKFRIDAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

Has the voucher worked for anyone in store with the black Friday deals ie the socket sets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

colliemcc wrote: »
    Has the voucher worked for anyone in store with the black Friday deals ie the socket sets

I used it for the lifting kit and it was accepted.. So I'd assume it'll work on sockets..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Does the voucher work with trade prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

colliemcc wrote: »

Didn't work for me in Blanchardstown on the 200 set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

Didnt work for me either in Dundalk or drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

15% off in December with Axa Card.

https://www.axaplus.ie/halfords-general-starbuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,981 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went into Halfords to pick up a Rolson Multimeter for €9.60 indicated as available to collect 1 hour after reservation.

Went up to the till with what I thought was the Rolson but was a Laser brand multimeter priced at €25 and not even listed on the website.

Told them that the Rolson one was €9.60 and indicated as available on website only to be told they don't have it after he searched.

Not the first this has happened.. the mind boggles as to how their stock control works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Basq wrote: »
    Went into Halfords to pick up a Rolson Multimeter for €9.60 indicated as available to collect 1 hour after reservation.

Went up to the till with what I thought was the Rolson but was a Laser brand multimeter priced at €25 and not even listed on the website.

Told them that the Rolson one was €9.60 and indicated as available on website only to be told they don't have it after he searched.

Not the first this has happened.. the mind boggles as to how their stock control works.

I had the exact same experience with the exact same product! I've stopped buying in Halfords since except where unavoidable.

Edit: I've just noticed your location so I assume we both got stung in the same store - it was months ago since this happened me, I guess they haven't had the courtesy to correct the issue since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I had the exact same experience with the exact same product! I've stopped buying in Halfords since except where unavoidable.

Edit: I've just noticed your location so I assume we both got stung in the same store - it was months ago since this happened me, I guess they haven't had the courtesy to correct the issue since.

Yep brutal for this. Reserved an item - got a text it ready, went in, they didn't have it. Was told I would get a call when it came into stock but never did.

I've reserved a few bits and pieces it always takes forever to get the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Rolson? You were lucky no to buy it. They are cheap for a reason. Fact.

Halfords' online stock must be taken with a pinch of salt. You might get it, you might not or might get a different one, could be ordered from UK, not in stock but we (never) call you. All after your order will be ready 1 hour confirmation. Pure Halfrauds! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There instore service is dreadful. Usually there is no one at the till & no one notices you standing waiting to pay.

Wonder does this work with the Black Friday oil? It's a promotion but doesn't seem to be a discounted product.

I know Halfords usually have oil for €15 in January (perhaps the black Friday €18 is a sign they'll increase this year?) but I'd be happy to take my chances at €15.30.

Discodog wrote: »
    There instore service is dreadful. Usually there is no one at the till & no one notices you standing waiting to pay.

They really are dreadful. There might not be another customer in the shop and you'll be left waiting at the till for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Discodog wrote: »

Let me balance that and similar views a bit. I've used their reserve online service several times - oils, stereo, batteries and it worked perfectly and I've never had to wait to pay. I find Halfords very pleasant and efficient and anyone I know who uses their fitting service is very happy to go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Does it work without a card- someone here will have tried

Does it work without a card- someone here will have tried

Why would it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Why would it?

Well it does!
    Just bring in your insurance disc

You obviously need to be insured by AXA however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Why would it?

Yes it has been done before, sometimes with a disc and sometimes people have mentioned that they left their axa card behind but they have one or their dog ate it. It depends on the person serving you and the branch normally.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Well it does!
    Just bring in your insurance disc

You obviously need to be insured by AXA however.

Well, yeah, if you're an AXA customer (the used to accept a policy number). I thought they meant using the voucher alone as is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I've brought a printout of a groupscheme voucher before and it was accepted. Not same as Axa card but worst thing they can say is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any bargains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

vicwatson wrote: »
    Any bargains?

They're doing a special on long weights apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The Muppet wrote: »
    They're doing a special on long weights apparently.

If you go to the till they also have a special on short stands but you have to ask for one.

Advertisement