Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

170 piece socket set is down to €140 (was at €370 for about 6 weeks now, but usually €168 to €185).

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-170-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set

Super set of tools, I got them 5 years ago and have used them tonnes. They're fantastic quality and the lifetime warranty is amazing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Don't forget the 10% discount

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1 (1).pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Super set of tools, I got them 5 years ago and have used them tonnes. They're fantastic quality and the lifetime warranty is amazing too.

Agreed. My only complaint with the 1/2" set I bought a long time ago was that the case broke and I lost some bits.

Oh, and on this set it's the 23 x SAE sockets - will never use them, they're just a waste of space.

10 x 1/4" Drive Regular Socket SAE 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2

9 x 3/8" Drive Regular Socket SAE 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8

4 x 1/2" Drive Regular Socket SAE 15/16, 1, 1-1/16, 1-1/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Agreed. My only complaint with the 1/2" set I bought a long time ago was that the case broke and I lost some bits.

Oh, and on this set it's the 23 x SAE sockets - will never use them, they're just a waste of space.

10 x 1/4" Drive Regular Socket SAE 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2

9 x 3/8" Drive Regular Socket SAE 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8

4 x 1/2" Drive Regular Socket SAE 15/16, 1, 1-1/16, 1-1/4

Funny you should mention that but only last week I went through my toolboxes and took out all the imperial spanners and retired them. Hadn't used any of them in years.

I still have a couple of Whitworth sets somewhere :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Don't forget the 10% discount

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1 (1).pdf

Can one use this along with an AXA card 10%.discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-8-piece-screwdriver-set

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-6-piece-star-screwdriver-set

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/tool-kits/halfords-advanced--33-piece-screwdriver-bit-set

https://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools/tools/hand-tools/halfords-advanced-6-piece-stubby-screwdriver-set

Various advanced screwdriver sets all reduced to €12, which prices the individual screwdrivers at somewhere between €1.40 and €2 each, depending on the set.

I've previously picked up the 8 piece set and the stubby set for €6, which is damn close to giving them away. They are a very nice screwdriver IMO, and I'm pretty tempted to pick up the torx set this time around.

Also usual array of socket sets reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

cletus wrote: »
    Various advanced screwdriver sets all reduced to €12, which prices the individual screwdrivers at somewhere between €1.40 and €2 each, depending on the set.
    Looks like a nice deal, but why are they saying "Half price on all screwdriver sets" but also "was €18, save €6, now €12"
    Maybe it's the whiskey sours, but I can't make out how they're half price!! :confused::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Any sign of ratchet advanced sets going on sale as lost a few of them from the advanced set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Any sign of ratchet advanced sets going on sale as lost a few of them from the advanced set.

Wish you could buy them individually. I'm missing my 13mm spanner from my 200 piece. Sad times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Magown3 wrote: »
    Wish you could buy them individually. I'm missing my 13mm spanner from my 200 piece. Sad times

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Halfords-Advanced-Combination-Spanners-8-19mm/262956465364?hash=item3d396d3cd4:m:mtlFtUtfkqYqef2QfnnndgA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭1874

There was a 200 piece set for €210 and a 150 piece set for €160, when I was last in liffey valley and its still available online, Id like the halfords advanced set,it looks nice, but I already have a rake of tools,and I have a large Lidl set that I use occasionally and it does the job.
    Id replaced individual items with the halfords advanced range and am quite happy with the quality.

https://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchRouter?srch=socket+set&action=search&storeId=11101&catalogId=15551&langId=-1

The 200 piece set can be got for around €160 or cheaper from time to time & that's before using the axa or group scheme 10% discount.
    Black Friday & Cyber Monday aren't too far away for anyone not in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭.red.

craggy2 wrote: »

Honestly, their bikes are awful.
    We've unfortunately bought 3, all were poorly assembled by Halfords staff and were full of very poor components. I know their cheap bikes but if you can afford the extra €30/40/50 then go to a proper bike shop and get something that won't fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭cletus

Like everything in Halfords, it depends what you buy. The Boardman bikes would seem to be well regarded, as would the voodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

bought a kids Carerra bike there last year. for under 200. Was very well built imo and has lasted through the abuse so far.

Black Friday Sale 2018 Alert !

Halfords 200 piece socket & ratchet spanner set (silver & black editions) also now added to the Black Friday deals

Halfords Advanced 200 Piece Socket Set €162

(€145.80 with group scheme voucher, might be best to reserve online if using voucher)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

I can confirm that Halfords voucher works in Liffey Valley.. Saved me €57 yesterday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Can u use the voucher and an Axa card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Can one use this along with an AXA card 10%.discount?

Wondering this myself.anyone ever get away with it?

Doubt it.

I tried it also with a Halfords trade card, but the promo item only attracted an tiny 8% discount so I used that 10% discount instead

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Voucher work on a dashcam ? €400 model??

karltimber wrote: »

Well it worked on a €570 tool box set, so no reason why it wouldn't work on a dash cam

Satnavs & iPods are excluded from the Group Scheme voucher, it doesn't mention Dashcams.

Try reserving online, & present the voucher when collecting, if they don't accept it you can walk away if you wish. Let us know how you get on.

Called in - voucher not valid.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Called in - voucher not valid.
    Did they say why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

.red. wrote: »
    Honestly, their bikes are awful.
    We've unfortunately bought 3, all were poorly assembled by Halfords staff and were full of very poor components. I know their cheap bikes but if you can afford the extra €30/40/50 then go to a proper bike shop and get something that won't fall apart.

They are what they are. Have an adults and kids one. Agree about the assembly I would go over it and check/tighten/adjust everything myself before getting on it. I certainly got good value for money on them. Like everything else if you want better components etc pay the premium.

Part of the problem is the marketing of 'mountain bikes'. Budget mountain bikes are suitable for road use only. If you want a bike for off road €500 minimum and around €1000 for anything decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

wingnut wrote: »
    They are what they are. Have an adults and kids one. Agree about the assembly I would go over it and check/tighten/adjust everything myself before getting on it. I certainly got good value for money on them. Like everything else if you want better components etc pay the premium.

Part of the problem is the marketing of 'mountain bikes'. Budget mountain bikes are suitable for road use only. If you want a bike for off road €500 minimum and around €1000 for anything decent

The other problem is that kids want a trendy looking bike that weighs a ton

• Advertisement

Did they say why not?

It came up on the till as not valid - maybe just for dashcams ??!!

Advertisement