Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

wingnut wrote: »
    Agree about the assembly I would go over it and check/tighten/adjust everything myself before getting on it.

My mate bought a bike of them at the start of the summer (2 in fact).
    He was telling me that the front wheel kept hitting his toes when he turned so we went out to the shed for a look.
    Now I own a bike but wouldn't call myself an expert but it was clear to see that the front fork was fitted backwards!!!
    absolutely ridiculous from a "bike" shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Alkers

He was telling me that the front wheel kept hitting his toes when he turned so we went out to the shed for a look.
    Now I own a bike but wouldn't call myself an expert but it was clear to see that the front fork was fitted backwards!!!

There was even a Halfords bilboard advert which showed a cheap front suspension fork fitted backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Unfortunately I am not surprised by this. Had an issue with an incorrectly fitted pedal on an adult bike previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,826 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭seanin4711

anyone ever get 10% off item in halfords up north?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

karltimber wrote: »
    Called in - voucher not valid.

it worked just fine for me on a dashcam, the cashier had to manually type in something to her screen, it didn't scan off the barcode reader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The Group Scheme code on the voucher is "213501"

"00213501"needs to be used on the till to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

Castrol Magnatec has been on sale the past few weeks now.

5W-30 €18.50
    10W-40 €17.50

Not sure what people’s opinions are of it. I wouldn’t buy it at the full price, but picked some up today for the next service.

What do you make of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭sector_000

Great, been looking to buy some oil. Just ordered some 5W30 Castrol. With groupschme further 10% :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭garyskeepers

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am not surprised by this. Had an issue with an incorrectly fitted pedal on an adult bike previously.

My parent bought a bike for my nephew there, and when they pumped up the wheel there was at least 3 inches to big around the entire circumfrance of the wheel.

my dad brought it back twice and was told it was the correct tube, even though he brought the wheel back fully pumped and not even able to fit inside the tyre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

589285?w=637&h=403589285z?w=637&h=403

Click & Collect @ Halfords.ie - €75 (Axa/GS get it for €67.50)

Stock available in most stores at time of posting.
    Its £120 on Amazon.
    Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional NBDVR402-G
    Prepare for the unexpected with the Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional NBDVR402-G which allows you to automatically record every aspect of your journey in 1080 high definition so you can clearly read signs and number plates on the recording. Dash Cams work by recording many 3 minute chapters onto the SD card. On a 32GB card this allows you to store approximately your last 4 hours of journey, then when full the device automatically records over the oldest 3 minute chapter. If you are involved in an accident the dash cam will recognise this with the inbuilt G force sensors automatically lock the 3 minute chapter that you are in and save it so that it cannot be overwritten, even if you continue to drive. You can also lock files manually should you wish to if you see something on the road and wish to keep a record for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Alfie1 wrote: »
    The Group Scheme code on the voucher is "213501"

"00213501"needs to be used on the till to work.

Bit of novice here saw few thing I like in Halfords how does the group scheme work or how does the rest of the discount things work do u have to order on line or what ??
    Thanks lads can't beat a bit of discount !!!

Bit of novice here saw few thing I like in Halfords how does the group scheme work or how does the rest of the discount things work do u have to order on line or what ??
    Thanks lads can't beat a bit of discount !!!

You show the code/barcode at the till instore and they discount the price.
    Its nothing connected to online reserving, buy you can do the click & collect first, then go instore to collect and show the code then.

Axa customers, work groupschemes, 3Plus discounts etc are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Davy wrote: »
    You show the code/barcode at the till instore and they discount the price.
    Its nothing connected to online reserving, buy you can do the click & collect first, then go instore to collect and show the code then.

Axa customers, work groupschemes, 3Plus discounts etc are all the same.

Can u draw the code / barcode and another discount on the same item.??

Can u draw the code / barcode and another discount on the same item.??

It cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭webpal

Currently see a tent on offer which states web exclusive, its available but when I go to buy its asking for nearest store. When I put in any store it tells me it's not available for click and collect but I can't seem to buy it any other way. Is it possible? I've tried live chat but they said there's none near me but couldn't go beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bovis

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here but i was hoping to use the "group scheme discount" (10%) off a fairly expensive electric bike and I want to "be sure to be sure!". Pre-Covid times, I presented a picture of the group scheme discount on my phone and the shop floor guy confirmed that I could use it to get another 10% off. Today I went up to Halfords but I was told I can only order the bike online (as its an online special) and then I come in later to pay and at that stage I get the 10% off. The guy mentioned that when collecting and paying for the bike I'd need to show ID to get the 10% discount. Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bovis

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here but i was hoping to use the "group scheme discount" (10%) off a fairly expensive electric bike and I want to "be sure to be sure!". Pre-Covid times, I presented a picture of the group scheme discount on my phone and the shop floor guy confirmed that I could use it to get 10% off. Today I went up to Halfords but I was told I can only order the bike online (as its an online special) and then I come in later to pay and at that stage I get the 10% off. The guy mentioned that when collecting and paying for the bike I'd need to show ID to get the 10% discount. Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

bovis wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread here but i was hoping to use the "group scheme discount" (10%) off a fairly expensive electric bike and I want to "be sure to be sure!". Pre-Covid times, I presented a picture of the group scheme discount on my phone and the shop floor guy confirmed that I could use it to get another 10% off. Today I went up to Halfords but I was told I can only order the bike online (as its an online special) and then I come in later to pay and at that stage I get the 10% off. The guy mentioned that when collecting and paying for the bike I'd need to show ID to get the 10% discount. Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

Ive used it in the past and didn't need to show ID. Could be just who you get on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here but i was hoping to use the "group scheme discount" (10%) off a fairly expensive electric bike and I want to "be sure to be sure!". Pre-Covid times, I presented a picture of the group scheme discount on my phone and the shop floor guy confirmed that I could use it to get 10% off. Today I went up to Halfords but I was told I can only order the bike online (as its an online special) and then I come in later to pay and at that stage I get the 10% off. The guy mentioned that when collecting and paying for the bike I'd need to show ID to get the 10% discount. Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

It says on the discount "This voucher will only be valid when supported by proof of entitlement (ie. Staff ID, payslip, membership card)", so I guess you were talking to one of the guys who is going by this... I have used it probably 5 times before and been asked for staff ID twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

The requirement is there, so you don't copy from internet a screenshot and get 10% discount on everything. It's meant for a certain group of people, so Halfords has the right to check if you're entitled. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭sector_000

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    It says on the discount "This voucher will only be valid when supported by proof of entitlement (ie. Staff ID, payslip, membership card)", so I guess you were talking to one of the guys who is going by this... I have used it probably 5 times before and been asked for staff ID twice.

I've used it 3~4 times & never been asked for ID.
    Granted the "checking" varies by Halfords store.
    In one store they said it did not apply to online specials.
    In another store - same item - no problemo!

So unless you have appropriate ID, I suggest you use a different Halfords.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Or try the Axa discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Does anyone know why there is a requirement to show ID for the "group scheme discount" (10%) once you have the photo on your phone?

To confirm you're a member of an eligible group scheme and are entitled to use the voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭9935452

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    To confirm you're a member of an eligible group scheme and are entitled to use the voucher.
    Out of curiosity,what criteria makes you elligible ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d say it’s more to do with the value of the discount.
    I’ve never got asked for ID when buying car cleaning products, Childs bike etc but an eBike could be a €2-300 discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭AuldDaysul

9935452 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity,what criteria makes you elligible ?

Certain employers, workplaces, unions, professions etc have negotiated these group schemes for their employees/members. To be eligible you obviously need to be an employee or member of one of those organisations and sign up to the group scheme. My group scheme has hundreds of discounts/offers, 10% off at halfords is just one of them. I've used the halfords one a lot and only been asked to prove I'm eligible a few times, I just show work ID.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There's also 10% off in Halfords if you're a Three mobile customer (through their 3+ app)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

There's also 10% off in Halfords if you're a Three mobile customer (through their 3+ app)
    Well, that'll help me buy some more autoglym products cheers for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Tom1991

Were you able to get the code to work mine fails in the basket page

Advertisement