Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Looks like a great buy, £99 in UK, €119 appears correct, great saving, ordered one Friday, won't be in store until end of next week, bought it as a pressie for a nephew :)

Got a speaker that looks identical in Aldi a couple of years back, no bluetooth but had SD card reader and line in. €30 I think. Decent sound for a small speaker, but don't expect miracles from a device that size.

Takes the Nokia battery alright, had some spares from an NGage (remember them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doge wrote: »
    I honestly dont get why people are looking to connect speakers this tiny to a tv!

I doubt this speaker will be able to provide much of a better sound than internal tv speakers, its probably only 6 watts max!

You'd be much better off investing in a soundbar which is much more powerful, like the one for €50 coming up in Aldi.

I had a similar, much cheaper Tesco one around the same size as that a few years ago. It had much better bass and could go to a much higher volume than my flat screen without distorting.
    It's not the right tool for the job though. A sound bar as you suggested, or even an old hifi with an audio-in would be much better. Not sure how great a €50 sound bar would be tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I had a similar, much cheaper Tesco one around the same size as that a few years ago. It had much better bass and could go to a much higher volume than my flat screen without distorting.
    It's not the right tool for the job though. A sound bar as you suggested, or even an old hifi with an audio-in would be much better. Not sure how great a €50 sound bar would be tbh.
    AUX cable to a hi-fi is the only way to go alright, plenty on Adverts, best sound you can get imo and you'll have a radio and CD player there aswell for the odd times you might need them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,981 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The speaker any good? Reserved one and Halfords told me it's ready for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Collected the speaker today, also got a childs scooter for €12 (€10.80 as I ordered it with the extra 10% off :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Collected speaker and the Autoglym case of car care (55€), happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Noticed this myself and was about to post.

Reserved online for Liffey Valley store and when I went in to the store it was marked as €40 on the shelf but got it for this price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm still waiting for my text to confirm the speaker is still in store, is anyone else waiting still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Whoever posted the speaker link thanks,awesome for the money and size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

What's with Halfords UK selling an even better Autoglym bodywork and wheels kit for 20 pounds and selling the same one here for 60 euro, would've picked it up and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

patrickc wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my text to confirm the speaker is still in store, is anyone else waiting still?

I never got a text from them. Checked email though and received one with a code and few days to collect item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Autoglym Perfect Bodywork and Wheels Gift Collection -

€25.00 (WAS €57.99 )

Gone back to normal price online now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

Whoever posted the speaker link thanks,awesome for the money and size

I got one as a Xmas present for my son. Is it any good?? I obviously can't open til the 25th.. But at moment it looks 'small'

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

I got a phone call from Halfords Limerick to confirm my speaker order was in stock. They told me that it had to come in from England and sorry for the delay. Ordered it Black Friday and had it in hand on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Margan

Got an email saying extra 10% off today between 12 - 2pm.

Edit: Seems I'm on a UK mailing list. Not too sure if this applies to Irish site as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Gone back to normal price online now??

Yeah it looks like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Masala wrote:
    I got one as a Xmas present for my son. Is it any good?? I obviously can't open til the 25th.. But at moment it looks 'small'

It's excellent for the size,manager in the store was ripping coz he paid 80 for a different one the week before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Margan wrote: »
    Got an email saying extra 10% off today between 12 - 2pm.

Edit: Seems I'm on a UK mailing list. Not too sure if this applies to Irish site as well.

Did apply in store in Ireland, store manager told me as I picked up 2 of the autoglym packs. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭thecivvie

It's excellent for the size,manager in the store was ripping coz he paid 80 for a different one the week before

I picked up one there the last day and the girl said the staff were hoping no one collected them as they wanted them

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

thecivvie wrote: »
    I picked up one there the last day and the girl said the staff were hoping no one collected them as they wanted them

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?storeId=11101&productId=1125595&srch=F70dab&categoryId=317914&langId=-1&catalogId=15551

Hi folks,
    Looking to order above for Xmas.. Can it be ordered in store and anyone available to use AXA discount with it..

Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Hi folks,
    Looking to order above for Xmas.. Can it be ordered in store and anyone available to use AXA discount with it..

Cheers
    Mick

A very quick search shows it €183 cheaper (€777) on amazon.de. Shop around!

Reedsie wrote: »
    A very quick search shows it €183 cheaper (€777) on amazon.de. Shop around!

Yep have my eye on that.. Kinda wanted Christmas delivery but probably go for Germany and fit in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yep have my eye on that.. Kinda wanted Christmas delivery but probably go for Germany and fit in January

You will have it before Christmas easily if you order it before tomorrow:

"Estimated Delivery 18th - 23. Dec. after Ireland.If you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. See details."

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You will have it before Christmas easily if you order it before tomorrow:

"Estimated Delivery 18th - 23. Dec. after Ireland.If you choose Standard Shipping at checkout. See details."

Payday Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

25% sale on boardman bikes, surely a bargain for anyone thinking of the bike to work scheme ....not sure if you can but IF you can use your axa plus card for a further 10 %

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Vego wrote: »
    25% sale on boardman bikes, surely a bargain for anyone thinking of the bike to work scheme ....not sure if you can but IF you can use your axa plus card for a further 10 %

when you add to the checkout basket, it does not say anything about 25% or is the 25% already off the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

when you add to the checkout basket, it does not say anything about 25% or is the 25% already off the price?

already on it ....I was looking at a boardman carbon last week in shop and it was 1049 down to 899.99 now.....hopefully they will take the axa card for a very merry christmas :D

Advertisement