Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Vego wrote: »
    already on it ....I was looking at a boardman carbon last week in shop and it was 1049 down to 899.99 now.....hopefully they will take the axa card for a very merry christmas :D

they are taking the pi55 then, i bought a bike two weeks ago and its still the same price today, shows 30% off original price, but the reduced price is the same as two weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

The Team Carbon was €1199 when I was looking at it a while back...so €899 is a genuine reduction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

fletch wrote: »
    The Team Carbon was €1199 when I was looking at it a while back...so €899 is a genuine reduction

Absolute steal at that price .....just need to know if that axa card can work with the cycle to work ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Absolute steal at that price .....just need to know if that axa card can work with the cycle to work ðŸ˜

They took my AXA card for a Cycle to Work bike a couple of years ago... & 3 for 2 on accessories. All added up to a real bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

I bought a bike through their bike to work scheme on Monday and used my Axa card for 10% off in there Swords branch but I had to really push them to give me the discount , they said at first they wouldn't but I insisted and then they said ok .....

• Advertisement

ALS wrote: »
    I bought a bike through their bike to work scheme on Monday and used my Axa card for 10% off in there Swords branch but I had to really push them to give me the discount , they said at first they wouldn't but I insisted and then they said ok .....

was that on a bike that was on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

FYI folks Axa card is 15% off for December or so your man said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you reserve it online to collect in store you don't get the Axa discount. Or so the fella told me yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you reserve it online to collect in store you don't get the Axa discount. Or so the fella told me yesterday.

Weird, I collected from a Reserved order and when I was paying I showed him the card and he said it's 15% off this month. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gah! (It was only worth €3 to me on an already heavily discounted item in this case) but I'm collecting a €70 item on Friday that I ordered in store, so €9.50 off is fine with me!

In a side note, it's gas how they sell GB stickers and packs of yellow reg plate screw covers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Regards the AXA card I've found it depends on the individual serving on the day. Always worth producing it though

Regards the AXA card I've found it depends on the individual serving on the day. Always worth producing it though

yeah just waiting on my replacement card to come through lost the other one, gonna head in with the intention of just walking away ...........to the halfords in the next town :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ALS

Yes it was on sale from 799 down to 339
    was that on a bike that was on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,466 ✭✭✭Macy0161

yeah just waiting on my replacement card to come through lost the other one, gonna head in with the intention of just walking away ...........to the halfords in the next town :D
    You can bring your cert or disc. I've also had no problem getting the discount on reserved items - it's a manual deduction anyway rather than a till/ system thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Techmaster wrote: »
    Thanks for this, will make a nice stocking filler.

+1 on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Macy0161 wrote: »
    You can bring your cert or disc. I've also had no problem getting the discount on reserved items - it's a manual deduction anyway rather than a till/ system thing.

Yup it's a no go on the axa card via bike to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I got a phone call recently when i ordered one & saying, there were actually none in store, regardless of what was online, but went ahead again to order, just to see & saw this popup appear:
    Web Exclusive! Extra 10% off Everything! Must End Midnight Christmas Day!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Thanks. Though went in with order number to Coolock n ur man in the bicycle section said they must have been sold off prior in clearance section. Think he kept them to fill his own hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Thanks. Though went in with order number to Coolock n ur man in the bicycle section said they must have been sold off prior in clearance section. Think he kept them to fill his own hole.
    That's unfair.
    They are not in the bicycle section in my store. The staff could not find them on the system, they were in the 'gifts' section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭smilgy

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's unfair.
    They are not in the bicycle section in my store. The staff could not find them on the system, they were in the 'gifts' section.

Well it is fact. I was sent from downstairs originally. Ironic that I've spent hundreds there on full priced products and only a couple of weeks ago was in when I was offered the change of €100 instead of a €50 when the foreign lad serving me Irish colleague said he would have kept the change when I pointed out the mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Bought this as a present for my niece but just went to put it together and its missing half the pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bought this as a present for my niece but just went to put it together and its missing half the pieces

Ah jaysus. On Christmas Eve of all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Too soon for an "up to 50% off" gag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭smallgarden

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah jaysus. On Christmas Eve of all

And they don't have any of the parts for it in stock,they said to check back after new years

Advertisement