Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General nursing athlone

• 13-08-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just wondering is anyone starting general nursing first year in athlone?
    If so where are ye living? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

Hi Maria, my daughter is starting :) we will in Galway so she is going to try to commute for classes and then move when she is on placement, its a bit of a pain not having a hospital for training in Athlone cos that means 2 lots of rent for part of the year :( but she has contacted the student union to ask what nursing students normally do about accommodation. What are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MariaW4794

karen89 wrote: »
    Hi Maria, my daughter is starting :) we will in Galway so she is going to try to commute for classes and then move when she is on placement, its a bit of a pain not having a hospital for training in Athlone cos that means 2 lots of rent for part of the year :( but she has contacted the student union to ask what nursing students normally do about accommodation. What are you doing?

I'm living in student accomadation, croi oige and considering getting trains each morning and evening for work placement

Maria, do buses/trains run all day/night from athlone to the 3 hospitals, didn't think this would work with placement being such crazy hours - you could be on duty at 7am didnt think this was even an option

Hi Maria, change of plan, my daughter, Katie, is now looking for accommodation and has decided not to commute!

Advertisement