Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Motorway in Europe?

Options
  • 13-08-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭

What's the worst European motorway Boardsies have traveled on?
    For me it's the E75 through Macedonia.
    Bone-jarring consistently over it's length.
    Razor-edged potholes in relatively new stretches of top surface.
    For my next job I want to be a shock absorber salesman in Skopje.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Many of the elevated Autostrada in and around Naples are in an appalling condition, with the inside lane so badly potholed as to be unusable. Those are the worst motorways I've ever driven on for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Drove coaches in Europe a while ago, came across some shocking roads around Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia & Croatia. Worst experience had to be the SH2 in Albania when leaving Durres heading to Tirana - aside from the potholes, loose animals and abandoned vehicles littering the roadside I came across a 4ft wide by 1ft deep trench spanning half of lane 1 on the stretch just after Gjokaj. Lethal considering there was nothing to indicate it was there, no coning or signage. Luckily it wasn't raining so seen it in time!

Mad country, a lot of cars on the road have been robbed from mainland Europe and still bear their old reg plates - came across quite a few UK reg Mercs and an NI reg Merc ML. A Porsche Carerra was parked up inside a shopping centre inside a vacant shop bearing Italian plates!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are sections of motorway with only one carriageway or only one lane per carriageway.

Advertisement