Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundup on Laurel Hedging

Options
  • 13-08-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Not much of a gardener (totally useless) but I have a row of laurel all around my garden on 2 sides and a row of Red Robin dividing my house from neighbours. My question is I am killed with weeds (new build and recently landscaped new home), I have used roundup on banks and outside fence but around my hedging is covered in weeds, is it possible to spray Roundup at the base of Laurel and Red Robin to kill the weeds or will the Roundup just kill everything including my hedging.
    Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but gardening is so not my thing. :)
    Nay advice most welcome.
    Mike

Comments

mikeweed wrote: »
    Not much of a gardener (totally useless) but I have a row of laurel all around my garden on 2 sides and a row of Red Robin dividing my house from neighbours. My question is I am killed with weeds (new build and recently landscaped new home), I have used roundup on banks and outside fence but around my hedging is covered in weeds, is it possible to spray Roundup at the base of Laurel and Red Robin to kill the weeds or will the Roundup just kill everything including my hedging.
    Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but gardening is so not my thing. :)
    Nay advice most welcome.
    Mike

Roundup needs to make contact with the leafs of a plant to kill it so you can spray around the bottom of hedge plants without killing them. Be careful of drift. You need a calm day(not dead calm) with a good knapsack with clean nozzles. I would pull everything a few inches around the base of the hedge plants and spray the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

Roundup needs to make contact with the leafs of a plant to kill it so you can spray around the bottom of hedge plants without killing them. Be careful of drift. You need a calm day(not dead calm) with a good knapsack with clean nozzles. I would pull everything a few inches around the base of the hedge plants and spray the rest.

Thanks for quick reply. Thats great news that it can be done.

Advertisement