Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Town: Speed camera Signs

Options
  • 13-08-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi,

unless I've been asleep, are my days of racing through the town :rolleyes: about to come at an end?

Noticed them on the newbridge & sallins roads at least...

W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Yes I noticed these too. Can't see where they would park a speed van in the main street and for that I don't think anyone would get up enough speed to be caught! There are to many traffic lights, you couldn't get a straight run from one end of town to the other!

There have been some put up in Sallins too.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

There's a few after cropping up! There's one across from des Kelly's in sallins and another outside McCarthys in Clane!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Also a new one popped up just outside of Celbridge heading to the Barberstown Cross. That section from just before the school, through the windy section until you are heading up the hill to the roundabout is blanketed in that zone now.

Must be a 'let's put new zones in' mojo going on at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

370 new speed detection zones are being created around the country and about 50 previous ones are being deleted. (Irish Times May 2015)

The zones were created in conjunction with local authorities, gardai and with submissions from the public.

I would guess that signposting is being erected before the zones are officially announced.

And whilst it would be difficult to drive over the speed limit from 9am to 6pm in Naas, there are quite a few maniacs later in the evenings and at 8am in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The stretch from the Hyundai garage to the race course is a killer spot....60 zone but easily you can do 80'ish there without noticing...usually a van there most evenings of the week around 9-10pm especially in winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

There's also new signs gone up recently on the Maynooth - Leixlip Road by Pike's Bridge/Carton House and on the Celbridge Interchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    The stretch from the Hyundai garage to the race course is a killer spot....60 zone but easily you can do 80'ish there without noticing...usually a van there most evenings of the week around 9-10pm especially in winter
    its 50 as i found out to my cost - doing 62

micks wrote: »
    its 50 as i found out to my cost - doing 62

Thanks for clarifying....i knew its an easy trap there

There's also new signs gone up recently on the Maynooth - Leixlip Road by Pike's Bridge/Carton House and on the Celbridge Interchange.

Caught on that celbridge interchange before...50 zone. Easy one for them. Dual carriage way and Intel staff in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying....i knew its an easy trap there
    Ted Johnsons gate at night in another fav

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Whatever happened to this Traffic Corps car.

00019072-642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Gardai already do.

They've been on the old N4 before it was a go safe zone.

Advertisement