Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compare Gas & Electric - Sites

Options
  • 13-08-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Bonkers.ie and Switcher.ie.

I'm trying to choose the best new plan.

Is it 'really' as simple as using one of the above sites, and looking at the results and choosing the one that saves you most money. (using the average yearly usage for gas/electricity)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

I've just put my annual gas usage of 18000 kwh and annual electricity usage of 5700 kwh into the calculators on both uswitcher and bonkers and both have come back with vastly different savings .....

Bonksers.ie says I can save only €39.89 a year by switching my gas from Energia to Flogas and no savings to be made by switching my electricity from Energia so to stay put with that.

However Uswitcher.ie says I can save €341.65 by switching both my gas and electricity from Energia to SSE Electricty!

I really want to find the best deal for gas for sure for this winter but I"m losing hope of getting accurate and impartial results!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

That's some difference you got there jussayeh,, you have to wonder, is it true though.

Dual Plans, using the national average usage, I get these results.
    I'm with EI for both, and best they can offer me is 15% off Gas & 11% off Electric, but I think that plan will end 30th Sept, exactly the day my current plan ends. Will see what happens then.

Switcher.ie
    • Year 1 Discount - 20% off electricity & 17% off gas
    • Online account management only - no need for paper bills
    • Pay by Direct Debit
    • Savings: €336
    Bonkers.ie

You can save the most money on your home energy bills by taking your Gas and Electricity from separate suppliers.

• Save €167.99 on your electricity bills with the SaveMe190 Electricity tariff from Energia
    • Save an additional €160.31 on your gas bills with the 20% Direct Debit Discount tariff from Flogas Natural Gas
    • Combined savings of €328.30 per year.

decisions, decisions, decisions:D

Advertisement