Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't stop thinking about death..

Options
  • 13-08-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I feel strange even writing this but in the last few weeks I've been thinking a lot about death. I'm 20 and it sort of feels like it's just occurred to me that I can actually die, people I know can die, and everything's over and is that just it? It really frightens me. It's probably been brought on by the fact that I knew one of the Berkeley victims who passed away in June.. we weren't very close friends or anything but they were in my school and we were friendly acquaintances throughout the years due to a mutual hobby. I don't feel like I'm grieving or anything as we weren't friends but it's more like it's got me thinking about the whole thing..

No one really close to me has ever died and since I'm a bit of an over-thinker and emotional person I'm also worried about how I'm going to cope when someone inevitably does. I spoke to a friend about it who said they experienced similar feelings a while ago but have just put it out of their head as they accepted it's just another part of life that happens to all of us. It was sound advice but hasn't really cleared things up for me. Sometimes I don't think about it for days but then when it comes into my head again it consumes me. It pops into my head a lot at work as that's the last time I saw the bereaved person a few months ago.. anyone having any advice about coming to terms with this problem?

Advertisement