Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer never showed up to install eFibre

Options
  • 13-08-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I was offered an upgrade to eFibre two weeks ago, with the same package and at the same price. I had arranged for it to be installed by a technician/engineer on the 13th of August (today) between 1 and 5:30 in the afternoon. I was told I would get a call to confirm the time on the day and that it would be installed.

As a result, I cleared my afternoon and waited to hear from somebody. I didn't. I'm just curious as to what exactly happened, and if I can get a confirmation on when exactly I can actually expect somebody to install eFibre for me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

DA7800 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was offered an upgrade to eFibre two weeks ago, with the same package and at the same price. I had arranged for it to be installed by a technician/engineer on the 13th of August (today) between 1 and 5:30 in the afternoon. I was told I would get a call to confirm the time on the day and that it would be installed.

As a result, I cleared my afternoon and waited to hear from somebody. I didn't. I'm just curious as to what exactly happened, and if I can get a confirmation on when exactly I can actually expect somebody to install eFibre for me.  

Thanks.
    Hi DA7800

Very sorry to hear of this, could you please PM me your order number, full name and address? I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

PM sent. Awaiting your reply.

PM sent. Awaiting your reply.
    Thanks for you PM DA7800

I have requested clarification from the eFibre support team and as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Hi, any update on this? I would like to have eFibre installed as soon as possible as I am not keen on paying for a service I am not receiving.

Thanks.

Hi, any update on this? I would like to have eFibre installed as soon as possible as I am not keen on paying for a service I am not receiving.

Thanks.
    Hi DA7800

I can assure you that there will be no charges until you receive service. I'm still awaiting confirmation of an appointment - sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. I'll keep chasing this up and get back to you ASAP

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

According to the eircom service guarantee the OP is now entilted to a one month line rental credit.

Chris___ wrote: »
    According to the eircom service guarantee the OP is now entilted to a one month line rental credit.
    Hi Chris___

Service has not yet been installed - the service guarantee applies to a fault with existing service not being resolved within a satisfactory timeframe.

Although it is also our own internal policy to offer one month line rental free as a good will gesture for missed appointments.

Al

Hi,

Any progress with this today? Any new information? Any chance I'll be contacted to arrange a new appointment? I appreciate your efforts but I'd love for this to be sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks,

DA7800.

Hi,

Any progress with this today? Any new information? Any chance I'll be contacted to arrange a new appointment? I appreciate your efforts but I'd love for this to be sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks,

DA7800.
    Hi DA7800

I do apologise for the delays in resolving this for you. I have raised a case with out networks team and I'm still awaiting clarification. I can assure you that I will continue to chase this up until I have a satisfactory update,

Al

Hi again,

Any update? I'm growing rather impatient, it's been almost a week since an engineer was supposed to install eFibre and I still haven't even set a new date, with no explanation as to why the person didn't show up in the first place. No doubt there will be another wait of two or so weeks once you get in contact to arrange another date.

The eircom staff on this forum are very helpful, and I apologise for my impatience, but I do feel that the system as a whole should be equipped to deal with issues like this in a swift manner.

Thanks again,

DA7800.

• Advertisement

Hi again,

Any update? I'm growing rather impatient, it's been almost a week since an engineer was supposed to install eFibre and I still haven't even set a new date, with no explanation as to why the person didn't show up in the first place. No doubt there will be another wait of two or so weeks once you get in contact to arrange another date.

The eircom staff on this forum are very helpful, and I apologise for my impatience, but I do feel that the system as a whole should be equipped to deal with issues like this in a swift manner.

Thanks again,

DA7800.
    Hi DA7800

I will request that you are contacted and updated by a member of the efibre operations department. I'm genuinely sorry for these delays and I will keep pushing for more information.

Al

Thanks very much Alan, as I said you've been nothing but helpful. Just a shame that the communication channels are a bit slow. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Thanks very much Alan, as I said you've been nothing but helpful. Just a shame that the communication channels are a bit slow. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.
    Hi DA7800

I have been assured that I will have an update for you today, could you PM me your mobile number and I'll call as soon as I have?

Thanks
    Al

PM sent.

Thanks for taking my call DA7800

Al

Thanks very much for calling Alan.

Shame about the final outcome, I was hoping for better news. I can't fault the customer support though. You were very helpful. I'll make sure to check back about availability at a future date.

Just one more question regarding the process: will a month's free line rental still be offered to me as a result of the missed appointment?

Thanks very much for calling Alan.

Shame about the final outcome, I was hoping for better news. I can't fault the customer support though. You were very helpful. I'll make sure to check back about availability at a future date.

Just one more question regarding the process: will a month's free line rental still be offered to me as a result of the missed appointment?
    Yes of course DA7800, I will arrange the month free today.

I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding and I'm sorry I can't offer better news about the available ports,

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

I just received a phonecall a few minutes ago from eircom offering me the eFibre upgrade (again). I was reluctant to accept in case what had happened previously, happens again.

I was just wondering if somebody (like Alan, who dealt with me previously) could check on Monday to see if an eFibre space has opened up in the cabinet nearest to me. If it has, great, if not, I'll know how to deal with similar phonecalls in the future.

Hi,

I just received a phonecall a few minutes ago from eircom offering me the eFibre upgrade (again). I was reluctant to accept in case what had happened previously, happens again.

I was just wondering if somebody (like Alan, who dealt with me previously) could check on Monday to see if an eFibre space has opened up in the cabinet nearest to me. If it has, great, if not, I'll know how to deal with similar phonecalls in the future.
    Hi DA7800

Yes I can confirm there are ports available now however I would like to offer a little further insight I think is really important - Due to the distance from the cab itself your line is only qualifying for up to 24Mb - that's 'up to' and up to 15 to 17Mb would be a more realistic indication I'm afraid.

I know you've been waiting for ports and I'm genuinely sorry about the most recent bad news but I taught it would best best to look in to this further for you.

Al

That's disappointing news Alan, but I'm glad I asked again first per your advice before accepting anything, as to be upgraded to only get those sort of speeds (speeds we are already getting) would have been upsetting.

Just to confirm, will it be around a year until there is sufficient infrastructure to offer speeds around the 50Mb mark? So I can have an idea as to how long we'll be waiting.

By the way, thanks for the great quality of customer service. It does help to have somebody who's competent and friendly when you have to have a constant dialogue.

• Advertisement

That's disappointing news Alan, but I'm glad I asked again first per your advice before accepting anything, as to be upgraded to only get those sort of speeds (speeds we are already getting) would have been upsetting.

Just to confirm, will it be around a year until there is sufficient infrastructure to offer speeds around the 50Mb mark? So I can have an idea as to how long we'll be waiting.

By the way, thanks for the great quality of customer service. It does help to have somebody who's competent and friendly when you have to have a constant dialogue.
    Thanks DA7800 - Very kind of you :)

To be honest, there are no plans available for me to confidently say it will be another 12 months but I have discussed this with the field networks team who have suggested it should not extend beyond that timeframe - although there's unfortunately no guarantee.

I would highly recommend getting back to me before the end of the year and hopefully more info will be available by then.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement