Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned due to engaging a poster on thread.

Options
  • 13-08-2015 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was banned for two weeks from AH for the reason of engaging another poster on thread. I should have used the report function apparently and from failing to do so I was banned for two weeks with no on thread warning or forewarning. I feel a quick mod note or PM would have sufficed in getting the thread back on topic.

I've talked to the mod in question and the outcome is not to my satisfaction.

Yours,

Sheep Lover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

He there.

Thanks for confirming that you have discussed this with the mod already. I shall take a look at this & come back to you.

tHB

Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

To date, you have racked up the following sanctions in After Hours (on the accounts that I am aware of)...

Warnings: 4
    Infractions: 3
    Bans: 8

This is not on. You are persistently wasting the moderators' time & energy tidying up after you. And in this latest instance you were not "engaging a poster on thread" - you were baiting a poster. If you have a problem with a post - report it & let the mods deal with it. You've been around long enough to know how things work.

I'd strongly suggest that you keep you nose clean in AH or you may find your posting privileges removed permanently from the forum sooner rather than later.

Ban upheld.

You may appeal to the Admins if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Is it not unfair to have these infractions and such rolling over the whole time? Why are they not like penalty points and go away after a few years? A changed man who can't escape his past won't be changed for long.

You wipe my record clean,so to speak, and ill be extra good from now on. Just between the two of us of course.

Deal?

Also, a very harsh banning considering there was no on thread mod warning. Smacks of lazy modding, just going through the motions.

It wasn't lazy modding by any means. It was 'enough-is-enough' modding.

Do you wish to appeal to an Admin? Yes or no.

• Advertisement

It wasn't lazy modding by any means. It was 'enough-is-enough' modding.

Do you wish to appeal to an Admin? Yes or no.

Neigh.

Thanks for your assistance with all this.......... unpleasantness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement