Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending scripts for appeal.

• 13-08-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Fortunately, I don't need to review anything. However, I was wondering what if you scraped a course by 5 points and accepted it, but an appeal lowers your grade by 10 points. You won't get kicked out because you've already been accepted, right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I don't know the answer but here is what I would think.

Out of all the papers that get rechecked only an extremely small amount go down a grade. I think one year there was only one or two in the whole country.
    Out of this small percentage you would then need a candidate who would not have enough points for his/her course as a result.
    Small percentage x small percentage = small percentage.
    Very unlikely to happen.
    I'm not sure if they have protocol for this event if it did happen but I cannot see any immediate gain in removing a candidate from their course after fees have been payed and offers accepted etc..

Advertisement