Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times of Rochestown & Mount Oval Peak Morning Traffic

Options
  • 13-08-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a rental for a couple for the year. Sparse enough choice out there.

Although there seems to be a number of rental options in the Rochestown/Mount Oval area, I was a little bit afraid of the traffic reports.

Last year we lived in Grange. Typically herself left at 07:25-07:35 for a job in Mayfield (for which she took the Jack Lynch Tunnel) but if she left at say 07:45 she was liable to get caught in traffic on Frankfield Hill approaching the Kinsale R'bout and her trip might take 35-40-45 minutes. I used to leave at 07:55 but working in Curaheen, Bishopstown A) I had a handier time of Frankfield Hill and B) I didn't really have to be in work that early.

There are no kids in our household... I am wondering what time does the traffic from Mount Oval, heading onto the Tunnel-Bound Link really start to rev up. I heard that a lot of traffic is connected with the school run... if she were to leave at 07:30-07:45 would she beat the worst of it?

I don't really care about traffic for me --- I have the patience of a saint!

I understand that coming home to Mount Oval is fairly handy what with the slipway into the estate.

I suppose... if travelling to Mayfield, would Mount Oval be faster than Grange... if I can sell that I can probably look at places in Rochestown.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's been a while since I lived back home, but I'd have thought leaving anywhere between 7:15 and 7:30 and you'll be fine. You could head up from Mount Oval and down onto the slip road from Maryborough Hill.

In Grange would heading in the Link and up St Luke's not have been quicker for Mayfield?
    Granted that's null and void now with the bridge works.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

razorblunt wrote: »
    It's been a while since I lived back home, but I'd have thought leaving anywhere between 7:15 and 7:30 and you'll be fine. You could head up from Mount Oval and down onto the slip road from Maryborough Hill.

In Grange would heading in the Link and up St Luke's not have been quicker for Mayfield?
    Granted that's null and void now with the bridge works.

Thank you.

She didn't like driving through the city and when I told her it was faster she got caught in bad traffic once or twice.

Any idea about 7.30-7.45?

I think you'd still should be ok, but any set back getting onto Maryborough Hill for example to get to the slip, or getting down from Clarke's Hill will have a knock on effect by them you get to other junctions.

I used to leave for CIT at 7:45 and generally would fly through/.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

bear in mind also when we get the few icy days the traffic up by Mount Oval is really bad, like a car park for an hour or two easily. That's only during the really bad ice mornings we had last year, not always like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

bear in mind also when we get the few icy days the traffic up by Mount Oval is really bad, like a car park for an hour or two easily. That's only during the really bad ice mornings we had last year, not always like that.

That is actually OK because the girlfriend works in a school on a top of a hill so if it is icy in MO then the school opening will be delayed or postponed.

Thank you for you input.

I rang my cousin's uncle who lives in the area. He said the traffic is grand before 08:00 really. Viewing on Tuesday but I reckon it will be gone.

• Advertisement

Jippo wrote: »
    That is actually OK because the girlfriend works in a school on a top of a hill so if it is icy in MO then the school opening will be delayed or postponed.

Thank you for you input.

I rang my cousin's uncle who lives in the area. He said the traffic is grand before 08:00 really. Viewing on Tuesday but I reckon it will be gone.

There's places in Mount Oval coming up all the time. You'll get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I don't know about mayfield but my husband leaves at 8.30 to get to curraheen for 9 - if you are still working in curraheen!

My mum lives in frank field and I remember commuting from there v mount oval, mount oval was quicker, it's a shorter run on link and coming back the slip is handy.

Hope you get your rental - I'm trying to sell so pity you are not in that market !

Advertisement