Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Manchester United Match Thread 14/08/15 k/o 19.45 Sky.

12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

bastian when he came on was a different class to what was already there. he started controlling the tempo of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Win - 3 points - total point 6 - Move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

The major positive is that this is exactly the sort of match United would have thrown away last season - now if only a team can play themselves into form!

The Man U squad poster has been enough to beat Villa for the last 20 years. I wouldn't be saying it's an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LeBash wrote: »
    The Man U squad poster has been enough to beat Villa for the last 20 years. I wouldn't be saying it's an improvement.

Well the same match ended 1-1 last season so its quite literally an improvement on last season. Not to mention against 10 men.

"exactly the sort of match United would have thrown away last season" Hard to argue against the point really :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Watched the game earlier I have to say that it was an awful game. There was no real quality from either side barring Janjuaz move in the box, the huge deflection sorted it for the goal. Thought Villa were very poor especially in midfield and especially yer man number 8 Gueye? was all over the place.

Utd I thought were really not at the races. Darmian was lucky not to give away a couple of peno's, dont know how he got away with it. Rooney was very ineffective up front and Depay wasnt really in the game barring the chance he should have scored from.

Villa had control of the midfield in the second half until Van Gaal brought on Herrera and Schwinestegier (sp?), who looked a bit slow to me.

I will be amazed if Van Gaal does not buy a proper striker before the window shuts. The way thing are at the moment, it doesn't look like utd will score that many goals with Rooney up front and to be honest I think they are a bit shakey at the back a better team than Villa would have at least made a couple of chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

tastyt wrote: »
    People getting way over the top about shweinsteger when he came on. Dropped in and played a few decent balls across the pitch. You'd think he came on and got a hat trick or United were brilliant for the last half hour.

To be honest he looked a little slow, he spread a nice couple of cross field balls to Mata, but he wasn't really pressed by Villa at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Darmian is the signing of the Summer I think. He brings steel and cunning to the backline - I can see him becoming a big fan favourite.

• tastyt wrote: »
    People getting way over the top about shweinsteger when he came on. Dropped in and played a few decent balls across the pitch. You'd think he came on and got a hat trick or United were brilliant for the last half hour.
    Obsession with people knocking Basti its hilarious..ever since he signed for United
    "He's too old"
    "He's not fit"
    "He's a mediocre player at best"

Last two games he came on and controlled midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

That was the biggest pile of cacks I've watched in a while.

I've had it with the PL. I'm not forking out any more dough for this horse plop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

hmmm wrote: »
    Darmian is the signing of the Summer I think. He brings steel and cunning to the backline - I can see him becoming a big fan favourite.

If the ref had a scrotum tonight Darmian would have conceded a penalty.

Steel and cunning is a euphemism for scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You can hope for all the upsets you like. if you think this Manchester united team are getting anything near a league title on the basis of what was shown tonight then you better wake up and smell the rashers.
    That was the biggest pile of cacks I've watched in a while.

I've had it with the PL. I'm not forking out any more dough for this horse plop.

u ok hun?? wb xox

Utd look quite solid at the back.

Rooney doesn't look at the races at all though. Replace him and Utd should be a safe top 4 bet.

Not sure what to make of Villa so far. 3 points from these opening 2 is a decent haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think it's clear that Mata is key to United. He will play the killer through ball. Depay was largely poor in this game but I can see him scoring a load of goals this season with Mata picking him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

:confused::confused:

Advertisement