Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOONANE, CRETTYARD, DANNY MOORE.

• 14-08-2015 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm trying to track down a gentleman named Danny Moore. He would be elderly and may have passed away since we last saw him. The last time we saw him was at my grans funeral in August 2008 in Birr, Co. Offaly. She was his first cousin, Nora Costello. He was waiting on a hip operation back then. He had a sister Nora married to a Sullivan and a sister Maggie who never married. He never married either. He may have had a brother too but we're not sure. My mam and aunt would love to track him down or find out if he's still alive. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lisamd

I also found that earlier but my mam doesn't ever recall that his name was Martin but I suppose if he was always referred to as Danny she wouldn't have known otherwise. She insists that he was from Doonane but I don't know where that is in relation to the Dromagh stated in the obituary. This quite possibly may be the man we are looking for (and I hate to say more than likely is) but I'd love some solid evidence. He had nephews/nieces which I think lived in the area but I'm not sure. The family originated in that area.

The Arrow is Doonane, The underlined is Drumagh. Only 5 mins apart.
    WvnGkLV.png

Very close indeed. I think it's likely that we've got an answer to our question. Thanks for the help!

Sorry its not good news. I hope its the wrong person and someone comes along with good news.

• Advertisement

Sadly it turned out it was him.

But on a positive note we got back in touch with another elderly relative in the area and will visit very soon.

Advertisement