Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Stoke

Options
  • 14-08-2015 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭

20131228-135503.jpg

They won both games last season extremely comfortable. Nzonzi bossed the game. Bojan started a run in his own half and scored a beauty. Walters is a big lummox.

Need to get off the mark with 3 points.

Tottenham 3-1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tough game - but I reckon we will sneak it 2-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think Stoke will do well this year. Bar a brilliant strike from Coutinho last week, they'd have held Liverpool as well, so it definitely won't be easy. Hopefully our attack actually plays this game, and we can get a goal or two, as they will definitely score.

2-1 I hope, 1-1 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hugo

Walker - Toby - Jan - Rose

Bentaleb - Dier

Chadli - Eriksen - Dembele

Kane.

Poch is fairly regimental in his selections.

I think he'll want us to get a foothold in the game, and sees the likes of Alli, Pritch, Lamela as luxuries, wait until we are comfortable, (2-0) or maybe if we need to chase the game....Just dont see him starting these lads just yet.

Mason maybe in place of Dier,

Ever the Optimist, and with Nidgey looking on from the stands.....

3-0 Spurs.

Kane, Toby, Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Hugo

Bentaleb - Dier

Kane.

I think he'll want us to get a foothold in the game, and sees the likes of Alli, Pritch, Lamela as luxuries, wait until we are comfortable, (2-0) or maybe if we need to chase the game....Just dont see him starting these lads just yet.

3-0 Spurs.

Kane, Toby, Alli.

Don't like Dier in that position. Makes us far too defensive with not enough attacking movement or support up front. Would swap Dier with Mason and maybe Dembele with Alli??

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

3 -2 I think. Chadli, Kane, Eriksen. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

3-0 Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Hugo

Bentaleb - Dier

Kane.

3-0 Spurs.

Kane, Toby, Alli.

If anything I would take Bentaleb out and stick Dembele in and put Lamela out wide. Sick and tired of Dembele getting the ball only to pass it back and he just doesn't have that lightning pace needed for a wide position. Bentaleb gave far too much ball away against Utd and was at fault for the goal, Mason is very much the same. Like the look of Alli and hope to see him progress well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Mason; Chadli, Dembele, Eriksen; Kane

Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Alli, Bentaleb, Carroll, Lamela

Bentaleb dropped, first time in a long time hu'h?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Bentaleb dropped, first time in a long time hu'h?

Deserved, needs to pay more attention in class

• Advertisement

Deserved, needs to pay more attention in class

Agree, he was a passenger at Utd.

It looks like Dier screening the back four, Mason in the middle. Chadli on the left, Dembele on the right? And Eriksen supporting Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

we are all over them so far gotta score soon

dier goal bulllet header from an erikson corner!

kyle walker booked already gave away a dangerous free the donkey never learns!

incredible 60yard ball from erikson puts chadli through on goal who has a terrible touch runs the ball straight into the keepers arms

chadlii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Good first half for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Out and about, how are we playing?

Chadli could easily play as striker. Knows where the back of the net is.

• Advertisement

Happy with our play so far. Eriksens ball was absolutely sick. Lovely finish from Chadli too, hopefully a few more where that came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Time for a sweaty end then of course

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Spursy :(

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Spursy :(

Yup...

I honestly can't believe what I'm watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Steven Ireland destroying us FFS.......

Ah Jayus

suicide.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Walker has the Brain of a Slug and I bet the Slug was glad to get rid of it :mad:

Absolutely no attacking threat since Kane went off. Shows how in need we are of a good forward.

Don't even get me started on Lamela either. He's given away ball, touch is off and has made foul after foul. Couldn't be any more frustrated!

• Advertisement

defence organisation and tactics was shocking last week, centre halves everywhere but in the centre. listening to this doesn't fill me with any confidence that pochettino is focused on sorting out the obvious issues.

Advertisement