Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Tarantino-scripted movie, and why?

• 14-08-2015 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

What is your favourite film based on a script by Quentin Tarantino, but which he didn't direct?

These are the options:

True Romance
    Natural Born Killers
    From Dusk Till Dawn

Personally, I love True Romance.

What is the best film written by Quentin Tarantino, which he didn't direct? 25 votes

True Romance
    0% 0 votes
    Natural Born Killers
    88% 22 votes
    From Dusk Till Dawn
    12% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

did he also have something to do with Killing Zoe? that was a great underrated film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

True Romance is sublime, and a much better film because he didn't direct, he only wrote the script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Skerries wrote: »
    did he also have something to do with Killing Zoe? that was a great underrated film

He was an executive producer, but he didn't write it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

weemcd wrote: »
    True Romance is sublime, and a much better film because he didn't direct, he only wrote the script

Also most of Natural Born killers was rewritten by Oliver Stone. But True Romance is the best Tarantino film he never made, brilliant performances from all around especially Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt. Plus that Walker/Hopper scene is the best piece of writing Tarantino has ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

True Romance.

It is the best thing Tarantino has ever done and even better because he didn't direct it.

Floyd;
    Hey! Get some beer and some cleaning products!
    Don't condescend me, man. I'll fcukin' kill ya, man.

It also had Alabama.

I will say I remember seeing From Dusk Till Dawn for the first time when it came out and getting blown away when the twist came thinking that was the greatest B movie ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Crimson Tide missing from that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

True Romance.

It is the best thing Tarantino has ever done and even better because he didn't direct it.

Wondering why you think it benefitted from him not directing. He's a terrific director.

It wouldn't have had the wonderful Hans Zimmerman soundtrack. (QT doesn't use OSTs because he doesn't want to give that level of creative control away.) Notwithstanding that, I would have preferred to have seen a Tarantino-directed version, particularly because of the happy ever after ending that didn't seem to fit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They all have there merits to be honest and i love all three , But True Romance has such an amazing cast and the performances to match...Just all around brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Manchegan wrote: »
    Crimson Tide missing from that list.

He didn't really write that, though. Michael Schiffer did.

Tarantino just added a bit of dialogue.

Kevin Smith did the same thing for Coyote Ugly. He was paid well for his effort, but all they kept of Smith's input was a single line of dialogue.

Advertisement