Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech K400 Plus (white)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

dodzy wrote: »
    One better!

Was that delivery of a handheld scanner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Three in the bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Got mine today :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

degsie wrote: »
    Anyone get a pic of the delivery van?
    just for you degsie:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

One better!

Post of the day!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

theShire wrote: »
    Got mine today :-)

pics or gtfo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Got mine as well today.

Would love to know how many of these logitech sold in the past few weeks :D

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Got mine as well today.

Would love to know how many of these logitech sold in the past few weeks :D
    The happy UPS delivery guy a couple of posts up says he had delivered a sh*tload of them today and had no idea what they were until I met him at the door on my way out.

Logitech were hammered: no question. HUKD interest alone would have ensured that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyway plugged mine into my Amazon Fire TV Box (not the stick) and works great. Not that much difference from the standard K400 but they are a great bit of kit for the price we got them at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got my keyboard today, works well with my MX3 box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Plugged into my smart tv hoping the hdmi-cec would be able to control kodi on my amazon fire tv stick but it doesn't seem to register a lot of presses, most notably back and any media keys. It does recognise basic up down left right and enter. Anybody got one of these working with a fire tv stick?

Might end up having to give it to the brother if it doesn't work :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

The stick appears to be immune to hosting any USB peripheral:

http://www.aftvnews.com/fire-tv-stick-will-not-accept-a-usb-keyboard-or-mouse/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Arrived yesterday - Mrs Jaguar decided her socks were a necessary addition to the pic.

As a thank you I spent the night changing the channel and generally annoying her watching the TV.
    I can confirm it works with a Samsung Smart TV

363434.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

As far I know none of smart tv support usb keyboard/mouse.
    hdmi- cec connect thru hdmi and you can use your remote control to control xbmc/kodi this way.

Tom
    breeno wrote: »
    Plugged into my smart tv hoping the hdmi-cec would be able to control kodi on my amazon fire tv stick but it doesn't seem to register a lot of presses, most notably back and any media keys. It does recognise basic up down left right and enter. Anybody got one of these working with a fire tv stick?

Might end up having to give it to the brother if it doesn't work :-(

thejaguar wrote: »
    Arrived yesterday - Mrs Jaguar decided her socks were a necessary addition to the pic.

Is that the instruction manual to the left of the pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭thejaguar

degsie wrote: »
    Is that the instruction manual to the left of the pic?

For the socks? Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got one of these a while back and looking to use it with either a media pc or an android box connected to my tv. I want to be able to browse the web and stream video from the others pcs in the house. What is the cheapest way of doing this? HD required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

RPi 2 with Win 10 IoT would be pretty user friendly.

I use my keyboard with an RPi 2 with openelec on it but no web browser functionality in openelec on arm devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

d31b0y wrote: »

I use my keyboard with an RPi 2 with openelec on it but no web browser functionality in openelec on arm devices.

Very interesting. What does the OS install on - an SD card? Do you need to purchase a case? What powers the unit?

Yep, os is installed on micro sd card. The recommended power supply is a 5 volt 2 amp that you will find on most android phone chargers (micro usb connection). I have mine connected up to a spare usb port on my tv and it seems to be drawing enough power. No problems so far. I've also connected it to many generic supplies that weren't rated 2 amp and it still worked fine, don't know what damage that would cause long term but I'd say it'd be minimal. Case recommended but not required. I bought this set recently for 80 euro delivered to parcel motel;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TSI5F5A - note case in that bundle is clear perspex, not black like in the image.
    Has everything you need including wireless dongle which is able to handle (at least) 720p. Most likely 1080p but I haven't tested it yet (the pi itself is well able to handle 1080p).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

d31b0y wrote: »

You do realise IOT stands for Internet of Things? Believe me, this is anything but user friendly, forget about this for Kodi for the moment.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I knew what it stood for. Didn't realise it was a bastardised version of Win 10 though. I hadn't tested it before. Simona1986 please ignore what I said above. Though you can still go with Raspbian which will give you Kodi and an x server to run a web browser or just go with openelec if a browser isn't that important to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Anyone get charges on their card for Digital River Ireland after purchasing this?

I ordered the keyboard and was charged by Digital River Ireland the following day for ~€10, then a month+1 day later for ~€10 again.

It might be completely unrelated but said I'd post it up just in case as this was the only non-routine use of my card over the last 2 months.

Edit: Just ran a search of this thread and Digital River has popped up as having some part in the transaction. It's probably worth checking your statements / pending transactions to make sure you weren't overcharged by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The initial charge was prob just an authorisation that went back on your card after a few days. They charge the order then when it dispatches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The initial charge was prob just an authorisation that went back on your card after a few days. They charge the order then when it dispatches.

The charges were 2 differing amounts (€10.33 and €10.68 I think).

VDP-DRI*LOGITECH came up on my statement and reflects the price of the keyboard (assuming DRI in the description is Digital River Ireland).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I got mine

It's brilliant for XBMC in the sitting room

So, I've used this a while and I have to say, I find the arrow buttons infuriating to use. So much so, I've ordered a FLIRC usb reciever for my raspberry pi which I will use with my harmony remote to control xbmc.
    Keyboard is getting relegated to text input only.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

I have no use for it so if anyone want a keyboard pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭col007

coconnellz wrote: »
    I have no use for it so if anyone want a keyboard pm me

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Finally mine is on its way, ups has to cost more than I paid. Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Like many here, I bought this on impulse and had no real use for it. In the mean time, the wife's laptop keyboard has given up so this has been subbed in. It's a great little keyboard but we're just wondering why there is a left click hotkey in the top left corner? What benefit does this give? We're not very tech savvy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Like many here, I bought this on impulse and had no real use for it. In the mean time, the wife's laptop keyboard has given up so this has been subbed in. It's a great little keyboard but we're just wondering why there is a left click hotkey in the top left corner? What benefit does this give? We're not very tech savvy.

It's meant to be used as a media center keyboard. It offers easy access to a mouse click if you are standing up and have the keyboard in both hands. You can then use your other hand on the pad without having to maneuver to the buttons under it.

Example: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/kwoo-hands.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

.... we're just wondering why there is a left click hotkey in the top left corner?

It gives you much greater flexibility literally keyboard in hand for multi select and drag activity particularly in the dark - right hand swiping the touchpad, left hand carrying it and thumb clicking. Without it trackpad operations would be cramped two handed like a laptop requiring the keyboard to rest on something. The extra left click button gives it air mouse qualities ... a bloody big two handed mouse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

en route also ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If anyone has one of these they don't want I'm interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

and so am I

ablelocks wrote: »
    and so am I

Ah yes, hang around like vultures until after we've all busted our chops waiting...and waiting ( some emailing ), stressing, wondering if the orders will ever be honoured, etc; and expect to swoop in and pick up an unwanted one for 7 fiddy ? I don't think so !!!!!!

Here ya go. Thank me later :P:P:P

Logitch K400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ah yes, hang around like vultures until after we've all busted our chops waiting...and waiting ( some emailing ), stressing, wondering if the orders will ever be honoured, etc; and expect to swoop in and pick up an unwanted one for 7 fiddy ? I don't think so !!!!!!

Here ya go. Thank me later :P:P:P

Logitch K400

http://www.adverts.ie/keyboards-and-mice/logitech-k400-white-brand-new/8966014

Bound to be a few popping up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

My non-Plus version arrived yesterday. It works well with Kodi. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pfft! non-plus is sooo last bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

My non-Plus version arrived yesterday. It works well with Kodi. Thanks OP

I got both the 400 and 400 plus and haven't noticed any real difference. In fact I'm using the 400 cos I prefer the black. Works so well with Kodi that I'd consider paying the full price if I needed a replacement (and didn't already have the 400 plus in waiting :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

i love my wireless keyboard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

brillant for kodi aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sappy404 wrote: »

Had the White one from the original bargain alert, but lost the receiver dongle, just went on to Amazon to buy this, and when I checked out it asked me did I want to use my £12.00 voucher (that I did not know I had!!).

So 4.99 !! :D

Apparently the voucher was because I bought the Fire tablet last Christmas, and there was an issue with the supplied power adaptor, so they issued a refund of 12.00 to cover the cost of replacing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

As we're talking about receiver dongles, does anybody know will the keyboard work on two different devices, if I have a receiver in both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

eamonnq wrote: »
    Had the White one from the original bargain alert, but lost the receiver dongle, just went on to Amazon to buy this, and when I checked out it asked me did I want to use my £12.00 voucher (that I did not know I had!!).

So 4.99 !! :D

Apparently the voucher was because I bought the Fire tablet last Christmas, and there was an issue with the supplied power adaptor, so they issued a refund of 12.00 to cover the cost of replacing it.

You can buy a unified receiver from Logitech that syncs multiple Logitech devices. Probably won't be much cheaper of course, and you get one with the K400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cletus wrote: »
    As we're talking about receiver dongles, does anybody know will the keyboard work on two different devices, if I have a receiver in both

It won't work in both at the same time, you would have to re-pair the keyboard to the dongles each time you wanted to change device, and i think i remember reading something about there being a limit of pairings or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sorry for digging up an old thread but Amazon are selling this for £16 www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Windows-Android/dp/B00XJ3LY96

• Advertisement
Advertisement