Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing estates in Athenry - Gort na ri

Options
  • 14-08-2015 9:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

Contemplating moving to Athenry.
    Does anybody have any info on the "Gort Na Ri" estate in Athenry.

Good, bad, is it mainly owners or renters, young people or old people, any social housing there ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

anyone :pac:

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

They bringin' home the turf From. They will be along shortly! :D:pac: In fairness peeps are usually very good about replying about Estates and stuff you will have probably have a few replies in a couple of days time I would say.

They bringin' home the turf From. They will be along shortly! :D:pac: In fairness peeps are usually very good about replying about Estates and stuff you will have probably have a few replies in a couple of days time I would say.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I'm not sure what Gort na Ri is like. Are you going buying or renting? Drive/walk around it and see what the houses are like - well kept or untidy. Try and visit the estate at different times of the day and evening to see what the people in the area are like. Most of the newer estates will have an amount of social housing in them.
    Sorry I'm not much help on that front. I grew up in Athenry but moved out of town a few years ago so not sure what the newer estates are like.

• Advertisement

aido76 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what Gort na Ri is like. Are you going buying or renting? Drive/walk around it and see what the houses are like - well kept or untidy. Try and visit the estate at different times of the day and evening to see what the people in the area are like. Most of the newer estates will have an amount of social housing in them.
    Sorry I'm not much help on that front. I grew up in Athenry but moved out of town a few years ago so not sure what the newer estates are like.

Aido, thanks.

Buying - hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

Hi from_atozinc
    Gort Na Ri is a nice estate with a lot of local families living there, mostly owners. Well kept green areas with lots of space for the kids to run about.

Close to the town and train station so great location wise too. Not many places for sale come up there so good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 charu123

hai atozinc
    did you find anything more about Gort Na Ri? i am also trying to buy a house in that estate..

charu123 wrote: »
    hai atozinc
    did you find anything more about Gort Na Ri? i am also trying to buy a house in that estate..

Hi. A bit.

it seems a decent estate. They have a committee that looks after the lawns etc. there might be a crèche in the estate in the future. And it is less than a 5 minute walk to the centre of the town.

Overall seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 charu123

Hai atozinc
    Thanks for the post...
    do you know anything about the social housing behind the Gort Na Ri Estate...its named Gort Mhailor...its not on the same road..its after the primary health center..any bad news about that estate that could affect badly to Gort Na Ri in any way ...any information would be helpful...we are half minded to buy the house in Gort Na Ri because of the social housing behind this estate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Gort Mhaolair is a good estate. I've friends who live in Gort na Rí, it's lovely (I live in Athenry myself, near Gort Mhaolair.

Advertisement