Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new phone - recommendations?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

I currently have a Blackberry 9720 and am finally due an upgrade (Three). Looking for recommendations for a phone as it's so confusing trying to choose.

Aside from the obvious calls and texts I currently have just facebook and twitter and email on my phone. I'd also prefer a phone with a decent camera if possible.

I've asked friends for advice and the phones suggested have been:

HTC One
    Samsung
    Sony Xperia

I had been leaning towards the Sony because of the great battery life but then someone said because it's a Windows phone it doesn't function well with Apps, etc. The only Apps I'd have are Facebook and Twitter.

Another query - there's terrible phone reception where I live so I can't really access internet unless over wifi - will a 4G phone make this improve or will it still be bad?

I'm not a fan of touchscreens so would also prefer one that wasn't too fiddly (big clumsy fingers). Had a Samsung a few years back and the touchscreen packed in rendering the phone useless but hoping technology has improved since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It functions well with apps, it's just that you need apps for Windows phone.
    Most of the popular apps are available for WP too.

The 30 Best Windows Phone Apps
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2430203,00.asp

I suggest you go to a phone shop and handle a few models and see which you think fits your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

The Xperia is not a Windows phone

Advertisement