Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Sparring Partner

• 14-08-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey all! Just about to move to Carlow and am looking for some usf4 practice. Find it too hard to make it to the Dublin casuals. PS4 name is pavlovianpokes, but I'll be waiting to get my internet setup for a week or so.
    I'm rarely over 1500pp, or under 900pp, so I'm not a great player, but I don't mind being a punch bag if I'm learning something!
    Anyways, keep me in mind, I'm usually up for a few rounds.
    Sorry if I'm starting a nonsense thread!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I don't think many in the community play USF4 on PS4, so you might find it tough to get online games in against Irish players.

Most of the Irish players that still play are on Xbox 360 or PC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm on PS4. The only platform I don't have SF4 on is 3ds :D

Add shinhadoomken, I have a crappy hori with no mike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Azza wrote: »
    I don't think many in the community play USF4 on PS4, so you might find it tough to get online games in against Irish players.

Most of the Irish players that still play are on Xbox 360 or PC.
    I was thinking that. I saw you on PC actually, but I don't think we played. My steam name is HoboSausage.
    I've been looking for an excuse to setup the desktop again. Pity I'm not allowed to put it in the living room. PS4 is handy like that.
    So, in the future, will people be playing more ps4? Maybe with SFV, eh.

I'm on PS4. The only platform I don't have SF4 on is 3ds :D

Add shinhadoomken, I have a crappy hori with no mike though.

Will do. I need Guile tips please, I can't seem to get combos out in fights, training mode I'm alright though.

Will do. I need Guile tips please, I can't seem to get combos out in fights, training mode I'm alright though.

That's just practice. I'm dieminion in the training room, darksidephyl in matches myself :)

what combos are you having trouble with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

I don't play the PS4 version, but if you want to add me on steam, go for it! I'm always up for a game.
    Steam name is mscupcakes.

what combos are you having trouble with?

I usually dash forward, walk a little, then cr lk>cr lp>st lp>st hp
    Usually get that 3/4 times out of 5.

I then felt the walk forward after the dash was too much(just trying to get a bit of space for that 3rd hit), so I changed to just dash forward cr lk>cr lp>st hp

Now, I feel like I could really use that one, but my timing is almost always off in fights, or else I go back to cr lp>cr lp>cr mp>sb
    Then eat a shoryuken or a spinning pile driver because I missed one of them.
    Now I know I'm just whining about getting punished for missing combos, but I think there's something I'm missing.

I usually dash forward, walk a little, then cr lk>cr lp>st lp>st hp
    Usually get that 3/4 times out of 5.

I then felt the walk forward after the dash was too much(just trying to get a bit of space for that 3rd hit), so I changed to just dash forward cr lk>cr lp>st hp

Now, I feel like I could really use that one, but my timing is almost always off in fights, or else I go back to cr lp>cr lp>cr mp>sb
    Then eat a shoryuken or a spinning pile driver because I missed one of them.
    Now I know I'm just whining about getting punished for missing combos, but I think there's something I'm missing.

Well, I plink the hard links. Makes it a little easier. Do you know what that is?

By the way cr lp cr lp cr mp xx sonic boom is an easier combo if you're looking for consistency in a hit confirm, it's 2 frames instead of one.

Well, I plink the hard links. Makes it a little easier. Do you know what that is?

By the way cr lp cr lp cr mp xx sonic boom is an easier combo if you're looking for consistency in a hit confirm, it's 2 frames instead of one.

Slowly learning to plink. I know how, which doesn't mean I can, but I'm learning.

I guess I watch too much nuckledu, I just think HP is the best button in the game. So you reckon, for match practicality, I should stick with the l,l,m,sb combo? I should practice it more anyways though.

Slowly learning to plink. I know how, which doesn't mean I can, but I'm learning.

I guess I watch too much nuckledu, I just think HP is the best button in the game. So you reckon, for match practicality, I should stick with the l,l,m,sb combo? I should practice it more anyways though.

Depends on the situation. Honestly, you'll get there- I can hit lp to hp about 95% of the time.

If I get a hit confirm off of a cr lk, I do cr lk, cr lp, cr mp xx Flash kick actually. More damage, meter and a knockdown.

If I need a quick punish or I amstanding I do lp, lp, hp.

If someone is right next to you, cl st lp is Guile's fastest move at 3 frames- can be a great way to start a combo quickly or as a punish to a blocked move you couldn't usually.

• Advertisement

Depends on the situation. Honestly, you'll get there- I can hit lp to hp about 95% of the time.

If I get a hit confirm off of a cr lk, I do cr lk, cr lp, cr mp xx Flash kick actually. More damage, meter and a knockdown.

If I need a quick punish or I amstanding I do lp, lp, hp.

If someone is right next to you, cl st lp is Guile's fastest move at 3 frames- can be a great way to start a combo quickly or as a punish to a blocked move you couldn't usually.
    Cheers man, gonna use this stuff. It'll take me a while to digest it, but I do feel I should start thinking more situationaly with some if elses in my head, instead of brute force all the time.

Advertisement