Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto syphon.... Anyone have one that they'd be willing to lend or sell me?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I will be bottling some beer tomorrow and am in need of an auto syphon.

Thought one came with my kit from the online store but it was a regular syphon.

Motley brew are out of stock unfortunately.

I know it's a cheeky question but is there any good soul / hero that fancys lending or selling me one?

If not that's grand just thought I'd ask.

Would rather not have to attempt to use the regular syphon on my first batch. Ie keep errors to a minimum.

Cheers,
    Eoin

... Just a quick ps to say this thread can be closed as a very generous boardsie has offered a lend of his auto siphon. I won't name him in case he doesn't want to be named but a massive thank you to him obviously.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Rather than open a new thread I thought I'd post this here.

Came across this syphon for a fiver - is it worth getting?

http://www.tmart.com/tmart-deals/Aquarium-Siphon-Gravel-Vacuum-Cleaner-with-Pump_p115957.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Doubt it's suitable for brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It would be very hard to clean the ribbed tubing, and its probably not food grade plastic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

For what it's worth we went ahead with the bottling on Saturday.

My brewing partner found a tip online about using a turkey bastor to get the siphon going after sterilising it etc..

Worked a charm. Really looking forward to tasting it now in a few weeks.

Also started an extra stout on the same day so one batch bottles and another started.

Gonna try one or two more of these extract brews once the first two go ok and then try move to all grain.

All in all so far so good though and enjoyable.
    Hard work a the same.
    Looking forward to the fruits of our labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I purchased one two weeks ago and just used it tonight. To anyone wondering what to get when starting brewing get one.. so handy. I couldn't believe (despite seeing many videos etc) how great they work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement