Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Life online access going away on Sept 30th

Options
  • 14-08-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭

As a longtime customer of BOI Life, I'm amazed that the online access to accounts is being killed off after Sept 30th! Unbelievable to see you moving back to the last century in this fashion.

The letter I got said I just needed to open a 365 online account but this isn't possible if you don't have a BOI current/savings account, to extract this bit of information took a lot of my time on the phone with both 365 online & BOI life customer service.

So far nobody can offer a solution to this so would appreciate it if you could escalate this within your organisation.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

opus wrote: »
    As a longtime customer of BOI Life, I'm amazed that the online access to accounts is being killed off after Sept 30th! Unbelievable to see you moving back to the last century in this fashion.

The letter I got said I just needed to open a 365 online account but this isn't possible if you don't have a BOI current/savings account, to extract this bit of information took a lot of my time on the phone with both 365 online & BOI life customer service.

So far nobody can offer a solution to this so would appreciate it if you could escalate this within your organisation.

Thanks!
    Hi Opus,

Thank you for contacting us here today.

We will contact the Life Online team and as soon as we receive a reply we will be sure to get back to you.

Thanks,

Tara C

Thanks!
    [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi opus,[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for your feedback. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, we have written to customers of our old Life portal to let them know that it is being closed over the coming weeks. We are constantly investing in our technology and that’s why we have now extended our online offering through 365online with our new service Life online. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]We know that customers use their online day to day banking more than standalone portals. It is for this reason we have recently launched the new service through 365online. With this new service, we have made more life products available to view online together with additional services, content and functionality.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]We are aware that a small number of customers can’t access this new service. However, we are actively investigating solutions to make this service available to customers who are currently unable to access 365online. We are sorry that this service isn’t available to you presently.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Our dedicated phone team is available on 1890 309 309 to keep you up to date with your policy which is in addition to the regular policy statements we send.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]We appreciate you taking the time to post your view. If you would like to talk to one of senior team in BOI life, please let me know.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks again,[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Would have been better to have considered the implications of removing the current access before this obviously rather only investigating it at this stage . 

So what other options are there, is there some deposit account I could open that would allow me have a 365 account without having to pay fees (the reason I moved my current account from BOI many years ago)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Would have been better to have considered the implications of removing the current access before this obviously rather only investigating it at this stage . 

So what other options are there, is there some deposit account I could open that would allow me have a 365 account without having to pay fees (the reason I moved my current account from BOI many years ago)?
    Hi opus, 

Thanks for your reply.

Our Savings Team will be more than happy to discuss the best option with you. You can request a call back from one of our Savings Advisor's  here

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭abc_xyz

I'm another unhappy customer at this access being removed for people without 365Online access. It's four months later - have the "active investigations" Tara C refers to above turned up a solution for online access without needing to open a BoI account?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here.

We’ll check with BOI Life for an update on this. As soon as we receive an update we’ll be sure to post here.

Thanks,
    Tara C

Advertisement