Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile upgrade question

Options
  • 14-08-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi  - quick question about upgrading. I am currently on the eMobile 150 plan which came with a free phone. My 18 month contract expires in 6 weeks. Can I upgrade my phone and plan to eMobile 300 and a better phone and by returning my current phone expect a discount on the new phone price as advertised on the eMobile website?
    I'm just trying to see the difference between upgrading and starting a new contract. Girl on the upgrade team just quoted the website and said my current phone is my own phone now. Yet I see emails on here about people returning their phone in-store and getting discounts on upgraded/better phones.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

redser7 wrote: »
    Hi  - quick question about upgrading. I am currently on the eMobile 150 plan which came with a free phone. My 18 month contract expires in 6 weeks. Can I upgrade my phone and plan to eMobile 300 and a better phone and by returning my current phone expect a discount on the new phone price as advertised on the eMobile website?
    I'm just trying to see the difference between upgrading and starting a new contract. Girl on the upgrade team just quoted the website and said my current phone is my own phone now. Yet I see emails on here about people returning their phone in-store and getting discounts on upgraded/better phones.
    Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Yes, it would now be your own phone however only phone trade ins are accepted in store. Ultimately meaning this cannot be offered with the online packages, or when placing an order online. If you would like to call in store and check out what's available they will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Yes, it would now be your own phone however only phone trade ins are accepted in store. Ultimately meaning this cannot be offered with the online packages, or when placing an order online. If you would like to call in store and check out what's available they will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    So can I deal over the counter in-store and ALSO avail of the online offers through the sales person? 
    ie. move to eMobile 300 2 year contract @ 25/month, receive SGA5 for 49 euro - then return my phone and get a reduction on the 49 for example?
    Also, it's not clear when an upgrade is available. My wife asked instore and they said when her current contract expires. But surely that is the same thing as starting a new contract. Confused.
    Cheers

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    So can I deal over the counter in-store and ALSO avail of the online offers through the sales person? 
    ie. move to eMobile 300 2 year contract @ 25/month, receive SGA5 for 49 euro - then return my phone and get a reduction on the 49 for example?
    Also, it's not clear when an upgrade is available. My wife asked instore and they said when her current contract expires. But surely that is the same thing as starting a new contract. Confused.
    Cheers
    That will not be possible redser7 - you cannot deal over the counter in-store and also avail of the online offers through the sales person. Only In store offers are available in store and Vice-versa for Online

Apologies, I could have made that more clear in my reply.

When your contract expires that does not mean a new contract begins - basically it means that you're no longer in contract can can cancel or avail of a new one if you want :)

Al

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    Cheers
    That will not be possible redser7 - you cannot deal over the counter in-store and also avail of the online offers through the sales person. Only In store offers are available in store and Vice-versa for Online

When your contract expires that does not mean a new contract begins - basically it means that you're no longer in contract can can cancel or avail of a new one if you want :)

Al
    Ok thanks. Yes I get that a new contract doesn't automatically start. I'm wondering why my wife wasn't allowed to upgrade mid contract. What in general would be the point during an 18 month contract when you can upgrade?
    Cheers

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    Cheers

Al
    Ok thanks. Yes I get that a new contract doesn't automatically start. I'm wondering why my wife wasn't allowed to upgrade mid contract. What in general would be the point during an 18 month contract when you can upgrade?
    Cheers
    That is the case with all contracts redser7 - The contracts is an agreement for the service for 18months and when this agreement expires then an upgrade will be available. I'll be unable do anything about that I'm afraid.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    Cheers

Al
    Cheers
    That is the case with all contracts redser7 - The contracts is an agreement for the service for 18months and when this agreement expires then an upgrade will be available. I'll be unable do anything about that I'm afraid.

Thanks

Al
    hmm doesn't seem to make sense but ok. Thanks for your time.

Thanks.
    Hi redser7

Thanks for posting.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Al.
    Cheers

Al
    Cheers

Thanks

Al
    hmm doesn't seem to make sense but ok. Thanks for your time.
    No problem redser7

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement