Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT31 query

• 14-08-2015 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a 2 year part time Masters degree in UCD and they allow staged payments for fees. The fees are 4k per year so 8k total. I'm paying in stages - 2k now, 2k Jan 16, 2k Sept 16, 2k Jan 17.

Do I fill in & submit an IT31 after each payment? I'm aware that the max allowable per course is 7k so I'll only get €200 back of the final payment.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

The best thing to do is to ring Revenue and ask. I think that you complete one for each year - similar to how you would claim relief for medical expenses. So your form for 2015 will be for 2k, your form for 2016 will be for 4k, and your last form for 2k. But again, I would speak to Revenue, as it's been a while since I filled out one of those forms, and I didn't pay my fees in instalments.

Advertisement