Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO predicted trends for points this year?

• 14-08-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21

Hi just wondering if anyone has read/heard of the general trend for course points this year? Which courses i.e science or arts are expected to increase or decrease in points considering the amount of people who listed them as first choice preferences. I'm about 40 points over what I would've needed for my course last year but the course has been known to rise higher than this in previous years. It's an arts course so I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance really. Thanks again and best of luck to everyone come Monday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

came across this article last night, http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/leaving-cert-will-cao-points-go-up-or-down-for-the-course-you-want-1.2316468

hope this helps!

im about 5 pts short of what i want.. gutted haha

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

idek1 wrote: »
    came across this article last night, http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/leaving-cert-will-cao-points-go-up-or-down-for-the-course-you-want-1.2316468

hope this helps!

im about 5 pts short of what i want.. gutted haha

Im 10 points short,such a horrible feeling as my first choice is really the only thing I want to do:mad: We can always pray.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

You could always get offered it a few weeks later if you're that tiny amount below. It happened to my friend a few years ago.

Good luck :)

kcera wrote: »
    Im 10 points short,such a horrible feeling as my first choice is really the only thing I want to do:mad: We can always pray.:pac:

we never know what might happen til monday :) let me know how you get on and absolute best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cjcooly

I hear all over the place that Law is going to rise "significantly" ... im just worried that means over 10 points from last year !
    I got 520 but i am hoping to do law in UCD which was 510 last year !
    I suppose its just a waiting game !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

cjcooly wrote: »
    I hear all over the place that Law is going to rise "significantly" ... im just worried that means over 10 points from last year !
    I got 520 but i am hoping to do law in UCD which was 510 last year !
    I suppose its just a waiting game !

I'm in the exact same boat with engineering. Got 510, 15 more than it was in UCD last year but I have a feeling I will miss out by 5/10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cjcooly

The_N4sir wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat with engineering. Got 510, 15 more than it was in UCD last year but I have a feeling I will miss out by 5/10 points.

At least you have a 15 point gap ha ha ... only thing is i think more are applying to Engineering :)

lads dont worry best of luck tomorrow. try and rest well today otherwise you'll be over emotional by the time 6 am comes.

Advertisement