Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for Birth Mother

Options
  • 14-08-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All my name is John, baptised john patrick doyle (before i was placed for adoption)
    I was born on the south cirucular road 13th march 1950 birth mothers name is josephine doyle who would have been around 27 at the time, so im told.. theres connections to the uk also as she has been living there previously and its belived she returned there after she left me with a friend in ireland who placed me into foster care where i was later adopted. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Have you contacted the adoption authority of Ireland to see if there is any record of your adoption? If it was legal there may be some information available to you. Have you managed to get your mothers birth certificate - going back 27 years and searching the books in the GRO for her assumed year of birth? Have you an idea of the area she came from - it would make it easier to narrow down any possibilities. If you managed to find her birth certificate you could work forward to find a possible marriage cert and records for other children she may have had. Have a look at the tracing guides available on Adoption Rights Alliance website and see if you can work from there. http://www.adoptionrightsalliance.com/searchandreunion.htm

Advertisement