Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm

Options
  • 14-08-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi lads
    My father has a Astec system and his bell box outside has got damaged can you install a sabb box to this system and if so how can it be done. Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can. You will need an S22 interface or similar 2 wire interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can. You will need an S22 interface or similar 2 wire interface.

Hi koolkid thanks for reply, where can I get a s22 interface and I was going to install a globe pir on to his system do I need a interface for the pir or what's the connections to do a globe pir. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

REW still sell them AFAIK.
    If you have any problems getting one give me a shout.
    You can add a PiR to a zone as a contact by wiring a 680 ohm resistor across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Inenc0

Hi there,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me. I am living in Dublin 15 and I have had some building work done on my kitchen.

I have an Astec alarm system and I am looking for an alarm export to reconnect it for me as it was disconnected during the renovations.

Is there any one who can do this for me as I am aware they do not install these alarm anymore but there are a few alarm installers who still repair and reconnect them.

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Donal

Advertisement