Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selling property independently

Options
  • 14-08-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I want to sell a bungalow and 16 acres. I would like to sell it without using an auctioneer. The property has been valued. What is the best way to go about selling it independently?

I can get semi-professional photographs taken and put a sign up outside the gate. I have also ‘put the word out’ to neighbours, as the property is in an area where farmers are always keen to expand.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It sounds like you have the marketing covered well enough. The next issue will be negotiation. I would really recommend having a third party for this. An experienced solicitor which you will you require anyway for conveyancing would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Bernice101 wrote: »

I want to sell a bungalow and 16 acres. I would like to sell it without using an auctioneer. The property has been valued. What is the best way to go about selling it independently?

I can get semi-professional photographs taken and put a sign up outside the gate. I have also ‘put the word out’ to neighbours, as the property is in an area where farmers are always keen to expand.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Are you trying to save money - is that your real motivation?

You have many options nowadays from local / national newspapers , farmers journals, social media and on line vending sites including donedeal, adverts, ebay etc.

There's a farming supplement in the Indo on Tuesdays - full of ads.

Don't forget this will disrupt your life and you'll get many "tyre kickers" along for the ride...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Have you considered putting an advert up on www.myhome.ie and www.daft.ie too ?
    It's not just locals who might be interested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Have you considered putting an advert up on www.myhome.ie and www.daft.ie too ?
    It's not just locals who might be interested.

Only EA's can advertise on MyHome

Advertisement