Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg it for Lakers - 10km trail run - Roundwood

Options
  • 14-08-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Lakers are a sports & recreation club for kids & adults with an intellectual disability.

Roundwood Reservoir 10km Run Saturday 5TH September 2015 @ 10.30 am. This event is open to all runners, joggers and walkers! Chipped and timed. Entry Online is €20 including a technical t-shirt. To register go to www.athleticstiming.com or www.active.com Registration on the day from 9 am to 10 am at Roundwood Parish Hall and entry on the day is €25. Free BBQ and refreshments post-race.
    If you cannot take part in the run but would like to volunteer please email anne.king@lakers.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

This is a great cause. Lakers do fantastic work. I would love to do this but pretty sure it clashes with the Lakes 10k in Blessington :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    This is a great cause. Lakers do fantastic work. I would love to do this but pretty sure it clashes with the Lakes 10k in Blessington :(

Don't worry boss - I'm not doing it - not in the plan ;)
    Mrs Frash is though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Signed up for this a few weeks back, 20 quid for a good cause, a tshirt, a BBQ and a run in a beautiful setting? Whats not too like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Trying to register off the OP links on my phone and they don't seem to be working?
    Will try tomorrow on the puter.

Trying to register off the OP links on my phone and they don't seem to be working?
    Will try tomorrow on the puter.

OP here.
    Try this link

https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/51686436769977

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »

Sound Frash.

Just to ask I'm looking at cycling over so am restricted in what I can carry with me,
    Is it a tough track and trail runners or handy and ordinary runners,
    Thanks

Just to ask I'm looking at cycling over so am restricted in what I can carry with me,
    Is it a tough track and trail runners or handy and ordinary runners,
    Thanks

Looks dry for Sat, I'd say you'll be fine with ordinary runners.

If its wet there would be tree roots etc along parts but could be easily avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Most of the large side of the lower reservoir has hardcore down now (plus the road section), so it's only the smaller side that is trail, so unless it's very wet I would say normal runners.

Anyone know where the start/ finish will be?

Excellent day for a run around the lakes. The burger after went down a treat! Will be back next year.

• Advertisement

Very friendly and very well organised run.
    Defo be back next year only for the Dubs match I couldn't hang around after so missed the BBQ.
    Hopefully they made a few quid for Lakers.

Just wondering someone was taking pictures anyone any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Would be nice to be on the list!!! :mad:

Would be nice to be on the list!!! :mad:

I clicked on the link but then had to download the Lakers result??
    The link posted is generic to the chip timing company..but sure if that might help you??

I clicked on the link but then had to download the Lakers result??
    The link posted is generic to the chip timing company..but sure if that might help you??

Thanks, I already wrote to them. There is a number very similar to mine finishing at the same time as me, so just a clerical error I suspect.

Thanks, I already wrote to them. There is a number very similar to mine finishing at the same time as me, so just a clerical error I suspect.

And they sorted it. Happy days.

Advertisement