Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Install - Calling Altor etc!

Options
  • 14-08-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Calling Altor and Koolkid and other alarm-knowledgeable persons!,

I'm upgrading my alarm and (I did it a good few years ago but there's a few cobwebs since...) I'm tech-savvy enough but its been a while...

I have the remote KP hooked up to the main panel, and cables run. I was hoping to set the new system up in parallel and bench test (say with only a couple of new sensors) so house is still protected with old system. Then do a transfer of the rest of the inputs

Any chance you could share a wiring diagram/photos to a HKC Securewatch 8/12 panel for the following:

a Single PIR (for one zone)

b 3 slimline (with reed) sensors in series for 3 windows (one zone)

c A single slimline (with reed) for a door (one zone)

Also - Do I need the 6 cores or can I get away with 4?

cheers,

Kevbhoyo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can get away with 4 cores on PiRs and powered devices using duel end of line resistors. Likewise you can wire a sensor or contact on a pair using the same configuration. If you are short on cable cores I would recommend SPC panels as they let you share all common negatives.
    I don't have diagrams to hand as I'm mobile at the moment. I'll get something up for you if you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevbhoyo

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can get away with 4 cores on PiRs and powered devices using duel end of line resistors. Likewise you can wire a sensor or contact on a pair using the same configuration. If you are short on cable cores I would recommend SPC panels as they let you share all common negatives.
    I don't have diagrams to hand as I'm mobile at the moment. I'll get something up for you if you need them.

Koolkid - would you have a wiring diagram for 3 slimline (with reed) sensors in series for 3 windows (one zone) Dual EOL?

Can do 2 sensors but obviously Im making a mistake with 3!!

Have done a sketch that I can send

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

See the diagram I PMed you back.
    You just use one core of the cable to extend the parallel resistor across all the alarm points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevbhoyo

Thanks Koolkid - I think all the sport over the weekend had me distracted. One resistor in series and one in parallel across them all.

That's it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi koolkid if possible could you email me the diagram for dual end of line resistors. Thanks

Advertisement