Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC4320 X-10 interface

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have no conditions added to that trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

KoolKid wrote: »
    You have no conditions added to that trigger.

Thanks KoolKid, its working pretty good now. Never used triggers or mapping gates before, see what they are doing now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Pin 4 is normally GND on serial RJ45 adapters, give that a try
    Are you up and running on yours yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

nope, haven't had the time.

This looks interesting tho, using the arduino would let you use a variety of different devices rather than just X10. It think that's the only way the market is going to work, we just need that one ring to rule them all.

nope, haven't had the time.

This looks interesting tho, using the arduino would let you use a variety of different devices rather than just X10. It think that's the only way the market is going to work, we just need that one ring to rule them all.

Yea that was my thinking, I wanted to use the Arduino as a cheap low cost gateway/translator, then I can output the signals to whatever devices I have to hand which in my case at the moment is the energinies. I believe the same protocol is used by lots of the remote plug sockets.

Thanks again everyone for the help, was testing yesterday evening and it worked flawlessly. Just need to tidy up some of my wiring and put it into a project box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Daly claims to have it running on domoticz on his RPi . About 50 Euro of additional hardware required. Has all his stats including 10 year old weather stations reporting in 100% . I gave him some x10 devices.

I've seen the remote monitoring it's very good he has an owl on it too for consumption.

However I suspect he's doing great with his inputs but not so good with outputs.

This looks better tbh

That was it, flipped the ground from pin 5 to pin 4, working away good now. Just have a tiny bug in the arduino code, but i can command on/off the wireless energinie sockets now. So there's a typo in the manual :(

The code for the arduino is here if anyone is interested. All that's needed is an arduino, RS232 level shifter (use a shield if lazy) and a 433MHz transmitter.

One last question, I can now command on/off the outputs from the web-browser as an engineer, and the key pad. But the outputs tab in the SPC anywhere app is still grayed out, is there something that needs to happen to allow SPC anywhere to know there's now outputs on the panel it can use?

Just to follow up on this, the above arduino code has been running flawlessly for a number of weeks. Very impressed with the system over all have added quite a few energines around the house all working really well.

Its working that well that I cut open an energinie this evening and put it in an obo box to control the heating. I've set it so the alarm will turn it off after 60 minutes giving it a boost function.

Advertisement