Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts

Options
  • 14-08-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Why does it take so long to get exam results transcripts? I'm applying for a masters and I need my results from last year.
    Could someone explain why it isn't just a matter of paying the €15 and printing them off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Probably because many admin staff are on holidays during the summer and repeat exams take precedence.

It should only take a few days if there are from last year, if it was 20 years ago then its a major search through boxes and store rooms.

Ring the exam secretary in the college if they are urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

I do appreciate that, and I know it's a busy time of year for them. I just don't understand why I can't walk in and get them printed right away. Could they not type my name into the database abd click print? Or is there a whole rigmarole they have to go through first that I'm unaware of?

I'm not trying to have a go at the staff here, as I would find it hard to beleive that they would deliberately take a month to do something that only requires a few minutes. I'm just curious as to why I can't get the trabscript straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

what campus was it. Were you dealing with one person or was it a generic reply you received

I dont think you are getting at the staff at all.....a month is quite along time especially if you only finished last year.

Also did you lose the transcripts that were issued to you originally.

Definitely give them a call and if you are not happy with the answer ask to speak with the Exams Officer and explain the urgency of your situation.

As the previous post Exams start on Monday so that would be priority but a month is a long time

Advertisement