Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in LC

• 14-08-2015 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

I wanted someones perspective on going to the gym during the Leaving Cert.
    I am doing 8 subjects, 2 at ordinary.
    I am going for 550+ points. I am at the stage of thinking of continuing going to the gym or not, I was planning to go Friday to Sunday, every week of my LC, untill the last few months. Every day during the school holidays.
    The gym would take me 1.30hrs max.
    Would it effect my studying time in a huge way for someone going for that point range ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Izzy1997

I think it's a good idea. I just got my results there on monday and I done all Higher Level subjects. I got 490 points which I was quite happy with. I done a bit of exercise everyday during the LC even just a stupid walk with the dog before I set down to study. It good to clear the head as 6th year can become very stressful. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are people spend an hour and a half every day sitting on buses or in cars going to and from school. Regular exercise sounds like a great idea. It's all about balance. You'll know yourself if you need more time at the books closer to the end. Don't forget you can be listening to languages or notes while in the gym too.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

I definitely think it's a good idea! I kept up horse riding through my leaving cert (at least an hour every day) and went to a show every saturday (that would take around 3-4 hours) and i believe it was the best thing for me because it's great to have a break and go to a completely new environment. There's only so much study you can do at once before your brain just can't take in any more :) (I ended up with 615 points btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Thanks to all, to the 2 students congratulations on yer results.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

I would definitely recommend It! Its easily doable,I would recommend taking a day off(from studying) say wednesday from september to March so you can hand out with friends,Its important not to over do it.As If you feel you did to much,too early you will be inclined to relax.So why not go the gym Wednesday,Saturday and Sunday.That way you can keep fit and get loads of study done!I also definitely recommend 15 minutes at least of excersise daily(walking dog etc)

Best of luck in your leaving cert,Work hard and have no regrets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Ofcourse you can go to the gym, absolutely no reason not to

Advertisement