Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWVS back on Geizhals.de, is it safe to buy from them now?

Options
  • 14-08-2015 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

As the title says, is it safe to buy parts from them now?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No. They no longer exist as a company afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TomBtheGoat

No. They no longer exist as a company afaik

I was pricing a new SSD yesterday and they popped up in my search listing that they were in stock. Yet when I go to their site, I get a this website is not available message.

Edit: Their page is loading now and looks normal. If they longer existed should that be happening? Or are they just clearing out existing stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I haven't a clue to tell you the truth, but given their financial state it's probably worth a few euro to shop elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

They filed for insolvency, so they are most likely in receivership or liquidation. The fact that the website is up again may be the the winding up of the companies remaining stock etc. I'm no expert, but I would avoid like the plague unless you have an existing order with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm starting a new build soon and boy am I glad I checked this forum and spotted this thread. I certainly would heed the wise advice from the other posters, to stay clear of hardwareversand and pay that wee bit extra elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I'm starting a new build soon and boy am I glad I checked this forum and spotted this thread. I certainly would heed the wise advice from the other posters, to stay clear of hardwareversand and pay that wee bit extra elsewhere.

If you have time to shop around, keep an eye on amazon for special offers. scan, overclockers and other UK resellers have daily /weekly deals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I see they have the new skylake chips for sale so wondering if they are trying to keep going, business as usual. If I was going to buy anything from them I would be using PayPal only but it would have to be a real bargain to even warrant consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

glynf wrote: »
    If you have time to shop around, keep an eye on amazon for special offers. scan, overclockers and other UK resellers have daily /weekly deals as well.

Cheers, I'll be doing that alright. But I've no rush with the build at all which is good. I'm going to wait for some more Z170 Board releases and build around that and the new i6700K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

They are still sending me emails with deals but look, they screwed a lot of people around so for that reason alone I wouldn't use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From the other thread the legal entity of HWVS ceases trading and you now have contracts of sale with the administrator instead.

If they had a clearance sale id go for it, otherwise not worth it for a few % saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ED E wrote: »
    From the other thread the legal entity of HWVS ceases trading and you now have contracts of sale with the administrator instead.

If they had a clearance sale id go for it, otherwise not worth it for a few % saving.

Based on the other thread - I'd say as long as you pay with paypal, at most you'll endure a minor inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll be harsh here.

But if you knowingly make a purchase to a company that was recently made insolvent, (and has left a lot of customers out of pocket with big amounts) and the purchase doesn't work out, you deserve it.

Spend the extra few quid and buy from Amazon, Overclockers or whoever.

Companies go into solvency for a reason, I wouldn't be risking my money with them that's for sure.

Advertisement