Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflicting messages from Eircom employees

Options
  • 14-08-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Ordered BB online last Tuesday and was promised it would be activated within 48 hours.
    Modem came yesterday,  so we installed it and were expecting it to work, did not work. Started chat with Eircom, and was told that it is always activated one day after the modem arrives. That would be today. It does not work. Started Chat again, and was told this time it always takes 5 working days.

Have transcripts of all chats

Why is it that Eircom just lies to customers?
    I am cancelling Monday, cooling off period is a bless. Will go to UPC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

If only I had the option of choosing providers, eircom would have been dumped ages ago, but rural areas are kinda hit and miss for having a choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ordered BB online last Tuesday and was promised it would be activated within 48 hours.
    Modem came yesterday,  so we installed it and were expecting it to work, did not work. Started chat with Eircom, and was told that it is always activated one day after the modem arrives. That would be today. It does not work. Started Chat again, and was told this time it always takes 5 working days.

Have transcripts of all chats

Why is it that Eircom just lies to customers?
    I am cancelling Monday, cooling off period is a bless. Will go to UPC
    Hi Christine LaDuchesse

I am genuinely very sorry to hear of this and the decision you have made. The timeframe is indeed 5 working days and anything advised other than that is inaccurate. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to mark this to the attention of management as feedback.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Christine LaDuchesse

Hi Christine LaDuchesse

I am genuinely very sorry to hear of this and the decision you have made. The timeframe is indeed 5 working days and anything advised other than that is inaccurate. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to mark this to the attention of management as feedback.

Thanks
    Al
    5 working days are over, still no broadband activated. Will send you the transcripts.
    WHY is it still not working? How can a company like Eircom just get away with whatever pleases them, which apprently is anoying their customers??

So I had a fourth chat today, and guess what..... again another thing was told to me.
    It will only be activated in 24 hours from now if I have the cooling off period removed.
    WHY IS THIS NOT TOLD AT SALES?
    Why do you blow smoke up someone's **** 4 times in a row?

1st chat agent told me when ordering the BB online that it would be activated within 48 hours
    2nd chat agent told me it would be one day later, as the modem only arrived onthe second day, and "activation always happened the day after the moden arrived"
    3rd agent told me it would take 5 working days
    4rd agent told me it would not be activated until the cooling period had expired, unless I was willing to remove the cooling period, so no matter what, I could  not cancel the account anymore

Let me tell you two things:
    * I came to the conclusion you are a bunch of lying cheats
    * If my BB is not active when I come home from work tomorrow, I am availing of the cooling off period, even when I removed that, as legally you cannot expect that you can get away with not delivering and telling fairytales constantly

This is the very first and MOST certainly very LAST time I am doing business with Eircom
    Needless to say I am very, very angry
    Chat transcripts are with you in two seperate PM's, Alan.

So I had a fourth chat today, and guess what..... again another thing was told to me.
    It will only be activated in 24 hours from now if I have the cooling off period removed.

1st chat agent told me when ordering the BB online that it would be activated within 48 hours
    2nd chat agent told me it would be one day later, as the modem only arrived onthe second day, and "activation always happened the day after the moden arrived"
    4rd agent told me it would not be activated until the cooling period had expired, unless I was willing to remove the cooling period, so no matter what, I could  not cancel the account anymore

* If my BB is not active when I come home from work tomorrow, I am availing of the cooling off period, even when I removed that, as legally you cannot expect that you can get away with not delivering and telling fairytales constantly

This is the very first and MOST certainly very LAST time I am doing business with Eircom
    Hello Christine LaDuchesse

Thank you for your detailed Private messages. I am genuinely very sorry to hear of the delays. I have escalated your order number to broadband operations requesting both clarification and urgency - as soon as I have an update I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thank you for your detailed Private messages. I am genuinely very sorry to hear of the delays. I have escalated your order number to broadband operations requesting both clarification and urgency - as soon as I have an update I will let you know right away

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thank you for escalating. I have however no answer to my repeated question of WHY eircom employees tell different stories all the time, and do not give a complete story when selling products, but leave the for customers inconvenient conditions, like having to remove a cooling off period or you will have to wait for activation 14 days,  out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Hi Al,

Thank you for escalating. I have however no answer to my repeated question of WHY eircom employees tell different stories all the time, and do not give a complete story when selling products, but leave the for customers inconvenient conditions, like having to remove a cooling off period or you will have to wait for activation 14 days,  out?
    I've only been an Eircom customer since December, but have been very frustrated by the customer support you receive if you have an issue. I've been with eMobile for a  few years, and have no issues with them, which I cannot explain.

Technically no issues with my BB, but customer support has a long way to come.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Hi Christine LaDuchesse

I'll be unable to offer you a reason for why you have experienced a negative experience with eircom representative although I can assure you this should not be the norm and apologies are certainly appropriate here. I would like to offer a solution focused path though and as soon as I have more information on your broadband order I will get back to you. Please also note that you are welcome to cancel an order at any time before installation/activation.

Thanks
    Al

Macca07 wrote: »
    Hi Al,

I've only been an Eircom customer since December, but have been very frustrated by the customer support you receive if you have an issue. I've been with eMobile for a  few years, and have no issues with them, which I cannot explain.

Technically no issues with my BB, but customer support has a long way to come.
    I can imagine the frustration. This is NOT how you handle customer issues, by just telling lies, to try and keep a customer on the hook long enough for them to be unable to cancel the contract

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Hi Christine LaDuchesse

I'll be unable to offer you a reason for why you have experienced a negative experience with eircom representative although I can assure you this should not be the norm and apologies are certainly appropriate here. I would like to offer a solution focused path though and as soon as I have more information on your broadband order I will get back to you. Please also note that you are welcome to cancel an order at any time before installation/activation.

Thanks
    Al
    I am looking forward to receiving apologies from 4 different representatives at eircom, all  telling lies.
    Newest excuse I just got from the next representative, as of course when coming home my broadband still did not work, so is  STILL not activated

"Oh, the removal of the cooling off only went through on 17:30 pm last night, so the 24 hours are not yet over"

Beloni!! As Judge Judy would say.
    I am supposed to have activated broadband in 7 minutes from now. LOL.

After I finished my meal am going to write a nice complaint to the ombudsman. Plenty of chat transcripts to attach.

Unbelievable this!! Unbelievable! 

• Advertisement

Of course I still have no broadband. 
    During the latest chat (screenshot attached) I was told there was no escalation to be found on my account from someone named Alan, in fact, there was no escalation at all. So it turns out Alan is also very capable of lying.

Cancelling tomorrow morning. Ordering UPC.

Done.  Apart from the formal complaint I will make.

Of course I still have no broadband. 
    During the latest chat (screenshot attached) I was told there was no escalation to be found on my account from someone named Alan, in fact, there was no escalation at all. So it turns out Alan is also very capable of lying.

Cancelling tomorrow morning. Ordering UPC.

Done.  Apart from the formal complaint I will make.
    I can assure you I am and was not lying and I can equally assure you there is no deliberate campaign to lie to you. There are a number of different avenues to request escalation from a number of different internal departments which may not always be visible to others.

It is also important to note that I had advised the following: your order number to broadband operations (requesting both clarification and urgency) - Unfortunately this a request and not a guarantee to speed things up (although I would have hoped it would).

If you would like to cancel the order please let me know

Al

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Christine LaDuchesse, it is possible to recount your experience and express your frustration without making accusations about the reps who are trying to help you out here - I suggest that you do so. Defamatory comments about anyone are not welcome on the site.

Advertisement